Hampton Going to...

Chisoxfn

Florida?

IT looks like the Marlins and Rockies have reached an agreement, but it could be nixed by either Charles Johnson or Mike Hampton.

Hampton and Pierre go to the Marlins for Charles Johnson, Preston Wilson, Vic Darrensburg and some other people I never heard of.

Makes sense for both teams. Hampton would probably pitch for the Marlins and the Marlins will hope he returns to old form and ask for a large ransom in return and end up dumping a whole lot of salary while gaining some top notch prospects.

Guest hotsoxchick1

actually if he were to retire i wouldnt mind him being here in a coaching capacity... hes well liked and respected by our current bull pen staff and i think he can make miguel one hell of a catcher...... think about it... he is or should i say was good in his prime no denying it.... would be nice for him to pass that onto one of our own wouldnt it????? just a thought

I don't exactly want Sandy to retire....why should he when he is still using the stick pretty well? If he can hit .260 in about 60-75 games with us, that would be fine and dandy for me. Even if his knees are made out of some kind of new plastic or metal or something like that, or if they are fake, they should last atleast 50-65 games. That's 2, maybe 3 games a week, and that is pretty good. That makes both Paul and Johnson available, and if Oakland was actually being truithful about sending Lidle or Lilly our way for MJ....oh jeez, that would be nice....that would actually be a good move by KW, assuming KW is at the helm when that move happens. Then again, he has probably brainwashed Jerry and made him think that all these moves are good or something like that.

I may be 15, but I got one thing to say to KW....:bringit

Sandy's a free agent now, correct?

I forget whether this is his first year with the team or his second, lol. I know we signed him to a two year deal.

Still he would be a solid backup catcher and he isn't super expensive. Of course the key is he's a backup, we need Olivo playing and learning, but Alomar would be a great teacher and I definately would want him as a coach once he retires.