Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Score just saying the deal is nearly done to resign Buehrle.

You know what I hate during these situations: when numerous media outlets jump on one article in the paper, and then they all report it in different ways. However, I'd assume that the Score has their own people getting information, and that would be good news. Even though I said before that I'm doubtful things are as close as Cowley reported, I'd be thrilled beyond belief if they signed him. As someone just mentioned, this would be a great sign that we're still serious about fielding a competitive team for the next few years.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
Holy s***. Sources tell the Score that the deal may already be done at 4 years. $50M. If this is true it's a fleecing.

3rd person I've heard say this now. Please be true!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:02 AM)
4 years $50 million

Is this your proposal or what the score said? My guess is if it is just a 4 year deal that there would likely be some sort of 5th year option worth a good size buyout or substantial money.

Maybe that is why Buehrle was laughing. Are the Sox waiting to announce it? Holy s***...4 years 50 million would be an absolute bargain.

Please be true please be true please be true.

If it's 4 years, $50M then there have to be some serious incentives and a huge buyout in there somewhere. $12.5M is nothing for a pitcher of Buehrle's caliber.

THE DEAL IS DONE!! IT'S DONE IN PRINCIPLE! HANLEY SAYS IT"S DONE.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:06 AM)
If it's 4 years, $50M then there have to be some serious incentives and a huge buyout in there somewhere. $12.5M is nothing for a pitcher of Buehrle's caliber.

Ya, I'd imagine you'd have something like a 15 or 16mill option for the 5th year with a pretty large buyout that increases his guaranteed money to at least 13.5 million per year.

Either way I'm holding my breath waiting to see a press release, press conference or the words come out of Buehrle or Kenny's mouth that Mark has signed.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:02 AM)
Pllllllllllllllllllllease get rid of Contreras, guchi and Dye(and Mack)

And Cintron, Erstad, Pods....

I would think vaz and count should have serious interest, their salaries arent' that high when you consider what the crappy free agents got this year. If that is the current market price they should be moveable with decent prospects in return.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:07 AM)

THE DEAL IS DONE!! IT'S DONE IN PRINCIPLE! HANLEY SAYS IT"S DONE.

Interesting they didn't even have to go 5. I'm guessing there are going to be some unique clauses involved in it that could make it worth quite a bit.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
So we are going to get Mark Buehrle for that price? I can't believe it. Kenny Williams has just totally called Buehrle's bluff, big time.

I wouldn't say bluff....I think this would be a sign of just how much Mark wants to be in Chicago. I still say there are going to be some concessions made by the White Sox.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
Interesting they didn't even have to go 5. I'm guessing there are going to be some unique clauses involved in it that could make it worth quite a bit.

I was thinking they'd go to 4 years, but raise the price (like how Dodgers did it with Furcal). If 4/50 is true, that's an amazing deal.

And FWIW, the information I was talking about was that 3 different minor league scouts reported this morning that they asked their teams specifically about whether or not they should continue to scout players for the possibility of Buehrle being traded, and they were told that they absolutely should, and that the ST article was bogus.