Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
Thanks for the clarification on this. I wasn't sure if they could or not.

Well its not that they cant, its just that they wouldnt because it makes no sense for the team receiving the player. The only reason they do it in basketball is do the the weird cap rules/provisions/exceptions they have where it allows the previous team to sign a player to more than any other team is allowed to.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Cowley has a piece on the front page of the Sun Times sports section now saying the same thing as the Score is reporting, I believe.

EXCLUSIVE: Buehrle extension near

Source says change of heart has lefty, Sox on road to long-term contract

June 27, 2007

BY JOE COWLEY [email protected]

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Ken Williams' cell phone got a bit quieter Tuesday.

That's usually what happens when a team decides to pull its biggest bargaining chip off the trade table.

That's usually what happens when a team decides to pull its biggest bargaining chip off the trade table.

The Boston Red Sox, who had jumped out as the clear favorite to acquire White Sox left-hander Mark Buehrle during the weekend, have pulled out of the sweepstakes, according to one source. And not because the asking price of top minor-league prospects was too high or because they no longer coveted Buehrle's services, but because Buehrle is no longer on the trading block for the time being.

They put it up so fast that the article wasn't even proofed. Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balance @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
So, first the Score announces the story, now they're backpedaling. I don't like the backpedaling. But I'm encouraged that the two sides are talking.

uh-oh, can't hear it at work, how are they packpedaling? Are they just saying "sources" or the sides are only talking?

Man, I hope this is true. If it is, it shows how much Mark wanted to stay here and how much he wants to win by not screwing up the payroll so much that they can't afford to get him some teammates.

I just heard there is one more thing holding the contract up. The tarp sliding clause. He deserves to slide on the tarp. He has earned it. I'm sure the players union is pressuring him not to sign unless he can have fun during rain delays.

KW and JR=Awesome if this happens too. Yep, It's time for a home white Buehrle jersey if this happens. :pray :pray

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:42 AM)
If wrong, the Score may lose the teaspoon of credibility it had left.

Well, at least they got decent ratings for this morning. :huh Some things never change.

I still havent forgave them for the "Griffey trade" bs

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
And the Score is talking about the Bears. Typical.

^^^^This is what tells me that it is probably not true, or at least, not as close to being done as reported. They would still be talking about it if it was.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
Man, I hope this is true. If it is, it shows how much Mark wanted to stay here and how much he wants to win by not screwing up the payroll so much that they can't afford to get him some teammates.

I just heard there is one more thing holding the contract up. The tarp sliding clause. He deserves to slide on the tarp. He has earned it. I'm sure the players union is pressuring him not to sign unless he can have fun during rain delays.

KW and JR=Awesome if this happens too. Yep, It's time for a home white Buehrle jersey if this happens. :pray :pray

"heard" where? I really doubt the tarp sliding issue would be anything relevant. That sounds like a joke to me.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:45 AM)
Well, at least they got decent ratings for this morning. :huh Some things never change.

I still havent forgave them for the "Griffey trade" bs

The Griffey think is one of the reasons I no longer listen to that s*** bucket of a station unless it is to listen to the game. Otherwise, that station would not even be preset in my car.