Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:33 AM)
Offman continues to report this like it's a done deal.

"So Buehrle is staying a Jaque Jones . . . he might be staying too."

Dear god this is a clusterf*** of ineptitude.

Offman is FOS. And I'm going further to say that there was never ever anthing to support this bs.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
he did this on the 12:30 update? Awesome, I love their explinations when this stuff explodes in their face. "Oh, well, we have sources that we trusted before and they let us down this time..."

Yep, 12:30 and I assume he'll do the same at 1:00 as well.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
Levine claiming to have spoken to Buerhle's agent, says no contract talks are taking place between the two.

Someone sure had a nice wet dream... that's about the end of this thread, isn't it?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)
Offman is FOS. And I'm going further to say that there was never ever anthing to support this bs.

So where do you think Ken Rosenthal was getting his information? I wonder if the same source that said the 99 pct quote over the weekend is the same one starting this today.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
Levine claiming to have spoken to Buerhle's agent, says no contract talks are taking place between the two.

I dont know what made me puke in my mouth first... the fact the the Score is full of s*** or Dick Allen's beautiful picture of Rosie!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:40 AM)
So where do you think Ken Rosenthal was getting his information? I wonder if the same source that said the 99 pct quote over the weekend is the same one starting this today.

What was the 99% quote?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)

Well one radio station has some explaining to do. Either Levine is off his rocker, or the sox flagship is.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
Maybe the Sox are leaking bad info out to certain people to try to determine who their leaks actually are.

I doubt it... not with MB. They could have leaked 10,000 other things besides this one.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
New report out of Los Angeles station.....wait I'm hearing it now....sign and trade....Buehrle to L.A. for.....Kobe Bryant.....Luol Deng to start for the White Sox.

:lolhitting

Nice.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
Maybe the Sox are leaking bad info out to certain people to try to determine who their leaks actually are.

Then you leak a trade rumor not a contract extension with Mark Buehrle. Talk about terrible timing for a witch hunt.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:30 AM)
Eddie and Jobo would do a much better postgame show than Chris Rongey.

LOL, those two clowns are still on B96? :lolhitting

I'll give Rongey a pass. He has to spend half of his show trying to talk sense into complete idiot callers.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
Then you leak a trade rumor not a contract extension with Mark Buehrle. Talk about terrible timing for a witch hunt.

Signing him for Javy Vazquez, Gil Meche type money? I hope its true, but it smelled like a rat from the get-go.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
What was the 99% quote?

Phil Arvia wrote a column last week saying a source close to Buehrle stated there was a 99% chance of Mark returning to the White Sox next season.

It was later speculated that the source was Mark's Dad.

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
I dont know if I heard it right or not but Murphy just said that sometime Buerhle will be checking in. Can someone confirm that?

Ok, last speculative comment right here. If Buehrle does come on and says he signed an extension then he went behind his agent's back to get a deal done on his own.