Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Again, you don't know how it will effect Mark's life and it's uninformed in the least to say so.

Mark makes more than the top 5% so to compare the two is apples and oranges.

You filp.. my batteries are running low, and I don't really care.

With that line of logic, no one know anything for sure on this whole 600 post thread...it is conjecture on a web forum..that is what people do...and that is why there is a forum her.

I was comparing him to the top 5% to show how much more he makes than what even most people consider rich. He makes a s*** load of money, CRAZY RIDICULOUS MONEY, that all of you people who say "how do you know it doesn't matter to him" obviously can't fathom. I work with many clients who have as much or more money than him and they are all very financially shrewd people and have the best financial advisors that money can buy, which is why Mark's agent and financial advisors will advise him to take the most money he can get. But people who are worth >$50mm wouldn't deal with a negative change in their lifestyle for more money. So for all we know as someone else said perhaps he doesn't want to sit on a plane an extra 2-3 hours to go home on off-days and that could be worth $20+mm to him. As mentioned it is all conjecture but fun to talk about/discuss...so take it as that...if I were hired to be his financial advisor I would tell him to not take the deal but I am a Sox fan so I would be thrilled if he took it.

On another point I would assume Hahn or KW are with the team at all times now with the # of scouts/GMs around the club. I would guess these guys are working different deals on about 12 of our players at the current time. Hopefully we don't get derailed on resigning/not resigning Buerhle and miss good trade opportunities on some other fronts.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
You're just intentionally missing the point now.

I understand my point just fine. To think just because someone has $50M they don't care about another $10M is simply put, imo retarded. You don't agree, fine. Soon enough everyone will know how Mark feels about it.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
Bruce Levine is saying he talked to Buehrle's agent. Buehrle HAS NOT agreed on anything

Again...probably true. That doesn't mean they aren't talking. Or that they aren't close?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Bruce Levine is saying he talked to Buehrle's agent. Buehrle HAS NOT agreed on anything

That's a lot different than saying there's been no discussions. With Hahn going to Tampa this afternoon, it wasn't likely a deal has been agreed upon anyways.

according to another blurb on the chicagosports.com, the $$ doesnt seem too far off....

....quote from Milwaukee's Bob Melvin...

The surprise came because Melvin had just talked to one of Buehrle's agents the previous day. And when Melvin heard a reported price of just more than $12 million a year, he was completely astonished
Edited by toasty

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Why what have any of these guys done since they left?? I'd hope to get better value. The Chris Young man-crush needs to stop on this board. Carlos Beltran he is not. Hell, he'd be happy to have the skill of Hunter Pence.

He was rated the 12th best prospect in the game by Baseball America in February. Good luck getting better value than that for Vazquez. To say it's simply a "man-crush" that this board has on him is beyond ridiculous, the guy has become a fan favorite in Arizona and is considered one of the best young players in the game by the leading minor league publication. Yeah, it's probably just a man crush.

Well at some point this evening. In the postgame. Reporters are going to stick a microphone in Mark's face and ask him this question. If he says there is no negotiation then we know. If he says something else then the speculation can still commence.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Oh, I just give up. Ridiculous.

I give up also!

Time to get back to work anyway where if I work for another 80 years I can make as much money as poor Mark will make this year. Of course if I don't buy season tickets I can make it there quicker.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
I understand my point just fine. To think just because someone has $50M they don't care about another $10M is simply put, imo retarded. You don't agree, fine. Soon enough everyone will know how Mark feels about it.

No one has stated that he doesn't or shouldn't care about that money.

We're stating that it is conceivable he may want to play in Chicago and have $50,000,000 rather than play in New York and have $70,000,000.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
Keep in mind it behooves Buehrle greatly to not mention any negotiation on the day in which he is starting.

...one of baseball's unwritten rules--you do not interfere with a starting pitcher on the day in which he starts.

kinda makes me want to bet the house on Tampa tonight.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)

We're stating that it is conceivable he may want to play in Chicago and have $50,000,000 rather than play in New York and have $70,000,000.

Then that begs the question, why wouldn't he sign the extension last summer before the ridiculous contracts were passed out? It certainly wasn't for much less than what the Score is reporting.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)

And I don't recall anyone stating differently so don't know what you're arguing about.