Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
Ok, last speculative comment right here. If Buehrle does come on and says he signed an extension then he went behind his agent's back to get a deal done on his own.

Which is possible, seeing as JR has been known to reach out to clients individually, sans an agent.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
Ok, last speculative comment right here. If Buehrle does come on and says he signed an extension then he went behind his agent's back to get a deal done on his own.

Not even the optimist inside me can believe that right now; we'll see.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
Well one radio station has some explaining to do. Either Levine is off his rocker, or the sox flagship is.

unfortunately for us Sox fans, WSCR is the one that I would doubt. Not that Bruce is 100% right all the time, but he's on target a hell of a lot more.

WSCR should start reporting on Batboy sightings if/when this is proved false

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)

Am I being overly optimistic though if I say I think the chances are 100 pct greater today than 24 hours ago that Buehrle would stay with the Sox?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)

No. Not going to happen.

This is absolutely idiotic... and no one should ever believe the score again on ANYTHING.

Why would he need to go behind the agent's back. The agent works for him, if he tells the agent he wants to sign a contract for X, unless its an illegal contract the agent should work it out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
OK, so apparently this isn't true.

But, if there were some truth to it, why the hell would we even re-sign Buehrle anyway? We absolutely need to trade the vets for good prospects. That is, unless we planned on trading the rest of the rotation besides Danks.

Trade Contreras and Vazquez....that's a good start.

Or they are giving the super secret scoop to the Sox flagship, while leaving other station behind. Only person that loses credibility there is Buehrle's agent. And he doesn't really need to have credibility in the media. Only w/ other Gms.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Am I being overly optimistic though if I say I think the chances are 100 pct greater today than 24 hours ago that Buehrle would stay with the Sox?

not at all....

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)

I think the Sox almost HAVE to get something done after this debacle.

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
This was on the White Sox Website:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Basically explaining that everything coming out of the Score is pure speculation and neither the organization or Mark could confirm an agreement.

well, at least it's not flat out denials by either MBs camp or the Sox, there's a ray of hope still for something to get done

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)

Basically explaining that everything coming out of the Score is pure speculation and neither the organization or Mark could confirm an agreement.

"There's no official announcement,"

I like the sound of that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
That isn't really a denial, but not really a confirmation either... Ah the beat goes on.

yeah, im not sure what to think about it....

my honest guess is that the sox tried to trade mark for cream of the crop type prospects...buccholz, hughes, salty....couldnt get the deal they wanted, and decided that rather than dealing him for anything less are now trying to resign him

I think there are talks going on.... Remember back at the winter meetings there was a cryptic quote about one of the starters trying to keep the negotiations out of the media.

Buehrle and Garcia both have one year left on their respective contracts, but Williams begged off a question Monday in regard to contract extensions being broached with either pitcher. It's an indirect approach Williams rarely takes, but he was honoring an agreement made with one of the two pitchers not to talk about the negotiations.
I believe that is why every quote you've seen from Buehrle and his agent have indicated that there hasn't been any talk. They don't want to be the bad guy if/when a deal doesn't get done.

Of course, you could always spin that the other way, and say that buehrle and his agent haven't talked to the Sox, and have no intention of talking to them, with the Sox leaking the mis-information to avoid looking like the bad guy.

I'm inclined to believe the former.

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)

That makes me angry. Very Angry. There goes that last teaspoon of credibility the Score had.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
LOL, those two clowns are still on B96? :lolhitting

I'll give Rongey a pass. He has to spend half of his show trying to talk sense into complete idiot callers.

He's actually a cubs fan. I wouldnt give him a pass. He is pure garbage.l

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:52 AM)
So, where it stands now is no one believes 670 but people are believing the AM 1000 report?

The Score has gotten dozens of things wrong over the years, while 1000 is almost always accurate on these sort of things. So yes.