Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
well, at least it's not flat out denials by either MBs camp or the Sox, there's a ray of hope still for something to get done

But I find it hard to believe that the Sox would go out of there way to make a press release to say nothing is happening unless infact, nothing is happening.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:54 AM)
The Score has gotten dozens of things wrong over the years, while 1000 is almost always accurate on these sort of things. So yes.

really? cuz i seem to remember just about everyone on this site blasting bruce levine on just about every rumor he brought up over hte last 2 years......remember the bruce levine is about as accurate as carpet bombing quotes

A radio station report saying a deal is "basically done" doesn't mean it has to be announced immediately. It could be a few days at least.

I'm going to sit back and see what happens before condemning any sources, radio stations, etc. The story hasn't played out yet.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
If you believe Ken Rosenthal on White Sox related things, you have a very short memory.

What was he wrong about, the Garland to Rangers deal? That one obviously had some legs to it.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
A radio station report saying a deal is "basically done" doesn't mean it has to be announced immediately. It could be a few days at least.

I'm going to sit back and see what happens before condemning any sources, radio stations, etc. The story hasn't played out yet.

Yep, especially with Buehrle pitching tonight, as well as the possibility we might try and complete a trade of another starting pitcher before we throw more money into the deal.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:53 AM)
He's actually a cubs fan.

What does that have to do with anything?

I wouldnt give him a pass. He is pure garbage.l

I'm not saying that he's great, or even good. But the time devoted to answering incredibly stupid questions from incredibly stupid people is what really makes the post-game show unlistenable. Unless Rongey is the one calling all of the shots with regard to format, I can't blame him for that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Why would he need to go behind the agent's back. The agent works for him, if he tells the agent he wants to sign a contract for X, unless its an illegal contract the agent should work it out.

Well, considering Jose's agent lied to him about our extension offer to him last year, it wouldn't be all that crazy. As soon as Jose found out about our offer he immediately accepted it. Of course, Jose does not speak english and therefore does not even read the newspaper, but still...

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)
really? cuz i seem to remember just about everyone on this site blasting bruce levine on just about every rumor he brought up over hte last 2 years......remember the bruce levine is about as accurate as carpet bombing quotes

Both stations are not all the accurate on their rumors. Its really a toss up on what to believe.

You have either Buerhle agreeing to a below market deal, giving us a home town discount.

or

You have a station saying they are talking to the agent themselves and no deal is on the market.

So whoever is the loser in this, it will be very ugly. Logic states is hard to believe that a player is sacrificing a lot of money for a "home town" discount.

Who knows, hopefully we can all be pleasantly surprised later today.

Whether Buehrle is signed or not (ignoring everything within the last 13 pages), I would then expect Garland to be traded. Regardless of Williams labeling him unavailable, we NEED an influx of young talent on this team somehow. Someone with value has to be dealt. Contreras won't be enough.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
Yep, especially with Buehrle pitching tonight, as well as the possibility we might try and complete a trade of another starting pitcher before we throw more money into the deal.

great point

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
Whether Buehrle is signed or not (ignoring everything within the last 13 pages), I would then expect Garland to be traded. Regardless of Williams labeling him unavailable, we NEED an influx of young talent on this team somehow. Someone with value has to be dealt. Contreras won't be enough.

Vazquez might have more value than Garland due to having more years left on his deal. I really wish we trade Thome, especially since we don't even know the extent of his back injuries (according to Hawk).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:02 PM)
Vazquez might have more value than Garland due to having more years left on his deal. I really wish we trade Thome, especially since we don't even know the extent of his back injuries (according to Hawk).

yepp if we want the influx of talent, thome is def. the one to trade......sox shouldnt make the mistake they made with dye and crede, and let jim get to the last year of his contract and try to trade him because then hes simply a rental player......i have to believe the angels, yankees, mariners all would be interested....the biggest hang up would be the fact that only a few teams would actually be able to use him, because i doubt any NL team would try him at 1b

And Offman continues to report this as fact.

"remember Buehrle said he'd like to spend the rest of his career with the White Sox . . . well he'll be spending at least the next 4 and a half years on the South Side."

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)

"remember Buehrle said he'd like to spend the rest of his career with the White Sox . . . well he'll be spending at least the next 4 and a half years on the South Side."

I'm amazed they are sticking with this. Somebody is going to end up looking REALLY bad.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)

Either Offman is a moron beyond even our best estimates, or these is some degree or truth to this.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
I'm amazed they are sticking with this. Somebody is going to end up looking REALLY bad.

only if its not true, am1000 wont really look bad if it is true....they just wouldnt have gotten word as fast as the score....adn htey cant report it as being true if they havent heard that yet

/bwoooooop bwooooop bwooooooooop

Pardon this interruption:

I'm having to reset the server from a foulup this morning, so you'll lose your connection for a couple of minutes.

Be right back...

/bwoooooooop bwooop bwooooop

:D