Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
Whether Buehrle is signed or not (ignoring everything within the last 13 pages), I would then expect Garland to be traded. Regardless of Williams labeling him unavailable, we NEED an influx of young talent on this team somehow. Someone with value has to be dealt. Contreras won't be enough.

I don't see Jon (Mark's buddy) going anywhere if Mark indeed signs an extension. Jose will likely be the odd man out.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
I'm amazed they are sticking with this. Somebody is going to end up looking REALLY bad.

I'm almost beginning to think that there's some truth to a deal getting done soon (albeit at more like 4/60 or 4/65). They'd be complete idiots to keep this going now if they had nothing to back it up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry, Bombs Away Bruce can saved himself later with MJH "The best analyst in the business, he stays up all night, the one, the only, BRUUUUUCE Levine is on the phone with breaking news. "

"We have found out that just a few minutes ago, Kenny found Marks agent and they have nailed together a deal. Early when I reported that the didnt talk, well that was true. It just happened in the last 5 minutes"

MJH " Thats why you are the best in the business Bruuuuuuuce Levine. You heard it here first listeners, Mark Burhle will be a white sox for more years.

Then tomorrow we can have a Kotex Boy article talking about how the whitesox have pigeon holded themselves into a long term deal with a pitcher and how it will bite them. They could of rebuild the entire team with the prospects for Buerhle. KW, Jerry and the Blizzard of OZ dont like prospects and dont like winning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
Whether Buehrle is signed or not (ignoring everything within the last 13 pages), I would then expect Garland to be traded. Regardless of Williams labeling him unavailable, we NEED an influx of young talent on this team somehow. Someone with value has to be dealt. Contreras won't be enough.

I'd agree. I think you can count on at least 2 starting pitchers from the Sox being traded.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
I dont trust espn 100 either. I was listening there station the other morning and it sounded like aliens were invading them.

If they were reporting that aliens were in fact invading them, then I could understand your distrust. But YOU hearing noises as though aliens were invading them sounds like YOU need to get a better connection.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:52 AM)
So, where it stands now is no one believes 670 but people are believing the AM 1000 report?

I tend to buy into the idea that there are talks and that the terms being discussed are potentially 4 years. However, I am not sure if the deal is as close to done as the Score indicates nor do I think they are accurate about the dollar portion (however, I could see it being in the upper 50 million's with potential clauses that push it into the 60 mill range).

I also buy into Cowley and he indicates there was talks as well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:12 AM)
Dont worry, Bombs Away Bruce can saved himself later with MJH "The best analyst in the business, he stays up all night, the one, the only, BRUUUUUCE Levine is on the phone with breaking news. "

"We have found out that just a few minutes ago, Kenny found Marks agent and they have nailed together a deal. Early when I reported that the didnt talk, well that was true. It just happened in the last 5 minutes"

MJH " Thats why you are the best in the business Bruuuuuuuce Levine. You heard it here first listeners, Mark Burhle will be a white sox for more years.

Then tomorrow we can have a Kotex Boy article talking about how the whitesox have pigeon holded themselves into a long term deal with a pitcher and how it will bite them. They could of rebuild the entire team with the prospects for Buerhle. KW, Jerry and the Blizzard of OZ dont like prospects and dont like winning.

:lolhitting

Well, wow. I go to work at 6:30 this morning, get home 6 hours later, and I've missed 22 pages on the possibility that Buehrle may be re-signed. Let's hope the Score is right and we lock him up. That would be absolutely wonderful news. Then, trade Contreras for sure, and either Vazquez (hopefully) or Garland (probably) for some good, young talent.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:05 AM)
And Offman continues to report this as fact.

"remember Buehrle said he'd like to spend the rest of his career with the White Sox . . . well he'll be spending at least the next 4 and a half years on the South Side."

He has to have some sort of source. He may be off in the terms, but where there is smoke there is usually fire (especially with something this serious).

I have to think there are some talks but the Score is potentially jumping the gun as to how close it is (and is probably off a bit on the dollar figure).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)
/bwoooooop bwooooop bwooooooooop

Pardon this interruption:

I'm having to reset the server from a foulup this morning, so you'll lose your connection for a couple of minutes.

Be right back...

/bwoooooooop bwooop bwooooop

:D

:lolhitting

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
How embarrassing to a team that has to issue press releases to deny what their hand picked flagship says.

Not any worse than the morning show guy for the flagship station thinking he has to get into a verbal brawl with members of the whitesox when they come on his show.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also buy into Cowley and he indicates there was talks as well.

Who could very well be 670's source.

Offman was taken off the "insider" baseball beat. He hosts the Hit and Run program and he reads the updates. Gonzalez of the Tribune is a Score source as well as their own guy who hangs around the ballparks, I want to say David Schuester.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:19 AM)
Well the title and subtitle are kind of confusing here. What's going on?

Score announced a potential deal (in principle) at 4 year 50 million (around 50 which is obviously very low).

ESPN is saying that there have been no new contract talks (basically saying the Score is wrong).

I personally think that with the interest in the Count and possibly Javy, KW has figured out that it is a win/win to keep mark and get rid of that salary. Even with Gooch traded we can save a bit of cash with Richar. It also appears that Gavin is finally ready and frankly I want to see what he can do this year. Lets trade other pieces, get thise xtension done and call it a season.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
Then, trade Contreras for sure, and either Vazquez (hopefully) or Garland (probably) for some good, young talent.

I don't want Javy dealt unless it's to clear room for a Mark or Jon extension. I'd much rather see Jose dealt. I won't be happy about Jose leaving, but it's the right thing to do.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
I would go with the news being reported on the Sox flagship station over the other sports radio station in town. They're more likely to have some inside news after being with them over the last two yrs.

Except 1000 is getting their report directly from Buehrle's agent.

ST. PETERSBURG -- A report coming Wednesday morning from WSCR 670 AM, the White Sox flagship radio station, of a new multi-year deal close to being agreed upon between the White Sox and Mark Buehrle would not be confirmed by the team.

"There's no official announcement," a White Sox team spokesman said. "Anything else is speculation."

The radio station's report was that Buehrle and the team were on the verge of agreeing to a four-year, $50 million deal, quite a turnaround from this past weekend, when the left-hander's name was in the news as the top target on Major League Baseball's open market. Buehrle has made no secret of his desire to stay in Chicago, trying to finish his career with the team with which he started, a sentiment seemingly echoed by the White Sox organization and Buehrle's teammates.

Even when general manager Ken Williams was grilled Sunday about the possibility of trading Buehrle, he sounded as if it would be a tough move to make.

"It will be more difficult personally than from a business perspective -- a lot more difficult personally," said Williams on Sunday. "Because I like the man and I like his wife.

"I've sat with his mother and father. It was just last week he showed me the ultrasound of his baby. Yeah, it will be more difficult. Baseball-wise, you've got to do what you've got to do sometimes.

"Like I said, it still has to be something that, with anybody out there, it's got to be something that makes sense for us, both in the short term and the long term before we go down the road," Williams added. "It's not a given that will happen."

Basically, Williams "asked for the moon," according to one source, for a talented contributor such as Buehrle and certainly didn't have to move Buehrle if his asking price was not met. Buehrle's strong start to 2007 includes a no-hitter thrown against Texas on April 18, and a 4-4 record with a 3.39 ERA entering Wednesday night's trip to the mound at Tropicana Field. Buehrle has fanned 60 and walked 17 this season over 93 innings.

This impressive bounceback effort from Buehrle's rough finish to the 2006 season, coupled with the White Sox presently sitting 12 1/2 games out of a playoff spot, started the rumor mill churning. Teams have shown interest in other White Sox players, with Williams stating over the weekend that 10 individuals on the team had been asked about.

A pitcher such as Jose Contreras, signed through 2009 and set to earn $10 million in each of the next two seasons, might be more of an attractive value than Buehrle for teams who need pitching and want to have contractual control of the hurler.

As for Buehrle, the possible new deal could come just a few weeks ahead of the birth of the first son for the pitcher and his wife, Jamie. Buehrle recently told MLB.com that his impending family addition didn't cause him to have any more in-depth talks with Williams about speeding up the trade process to get his family settled.

"I can't really say, 'If you are going to trade me, trade me before she is due or after she is due,'" said Buehrle recently with a smile. "We didn't plan it too good, probably the worst time of the year, either now or during the World Series. We have to deal with it."