Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
You can't forget that half of the league is linked to some kind of Buehrle rumor this past week; it's not only the Red Sox.

Yes, but I didn't feel like putting up the Brewers, Braves, Mets, Phillies, etc. Just getting a point across.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
It is not going to affect his quality of life, obviously it is a large gross number for any "normal" person but that isn't what we are talking about.

To be in the top 5% of us household incomes you need to make $157,000, at $12.5mm he makes about 80x as much as that annually. So yes, $10mm is not as big of a deal to him as it is to someone who makes $30,000 a year and gets $10mm.

To flip things around...look at how professional athletes don't care when they get fined/suspended to the tune of $100,000...what would happen to you if you got fined $100,000 by your job...$100,000 to Mark Buerhle is 1% of his income...if you screwed up at your job and they took 1% of your income you probably wouldn't care either, you would probably just be happy you have your job still after screwing up...

Again, you don't know how it will effect Mark's life and it's uninformed in the least to say so.

Mark makes more than the top 5% so to compare the two is apples and oranges.

You filp.. my batteries are running low, and I don't really care.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
It's about relative amounts. To the poster, it makes a HUGE difference. To someone who already has tens of millions of dollars, it won't matter as much. I'd sure like to get 100k, but Bill Gates really wouldn't care about that much money.

And you know an additional $10 million or $20 million doesn't mean anything to Buerhle how?

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
I am sure I missed it, and I really don't want to read this entire thread again, but what did Mark say? Can someone give me a link? Thanks.

I don't think we've seen anything from Buehrle today--this is the only quote I've seen of his in any of these stories.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

As for Buehrle, the possible new deal could come just a few weeks ahead of the birth of the first son for the pitcher and his wife, Jamie. Buehrle recently told MLB.com that his impending family addition didn't cause him to have any more in-depth talks with Williams about speeding up the trade process to get his family settled.

"I can't really say, 'If you are going to trade me, trade me before she is due or after she is due,'" said Buehrle recently with a smile. "We didn't plan it too good, probably the worst time of the year, either now or during the World Series. We have to deal with it."

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
Maybe Hahn is going to Tampa to ask the Count face to face to waive his no trade.

Very solid point Dick. Mark is not the only player on the team that we are shopping! Hell, Mark's agent might live out in Tampa.

quite frankly everyone is lying, the reporters the agent and the whitesox. Its typical WhiteSox way. That said I am sure Buerhle will resign. I am sure the agent has not talked to KW. He has been to talking to Rick Hahn the whole time. maybe somebody from the Buerhle camp talked to rick and got things moving. Doesn't mean the agent started. This way everyone can say they were right which seems to be important the Whitesox. Typical crap. I would though like to see some changes to this team and get new blood because this team is terrible.

Edited by quickman

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
So now Mark's agent is the liar..

Yikes. CC, my heard hurts, too. :bang

I'm not calling his agent a liar. However, I know agents can phrase things in unique ways. Either way I think both sides want to keep things quiet. I have absolutely no source in this situation so I'm clearly speculating on both sides (and am probably biased because I want to believe a deal is close).

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
It's about relative amounts. To the poster, it makes a HUGE difference. To someone who already has tens of millions of dollars, it won't matter as much. I'd sure like to get 100k, but Bill Gates really wouldn't care about that much money.

Somehow, I doubt Bill Gates would agree with you, but whatever.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
So now Mark's agent is the liar..

Yikes. CC, my heard hurts, too. :bang

Right, because an agent has never lied to anyone, right? Give me a f*cking break.

If Hahn's flying out there, something is up. I don't care if they've talked or not talked or what. But if he's heading out there, something is in the works, and that's all that really matters.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
I'm not calling his agent a liar. However, I know agents can phrase things in unique ways. Either way I think both sides want to keep things quiet. I have absolutely no source in this situation so I'm clearly speculating on both sides (and am probably biased because I want to believe a deal is close).

Cuz, y'know, a lot of them are lawyers. :D

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
quite frankly everyone is lying, the reporters the agent and the whitesox. Its typical WhiteSox way. That said I am sure Buerhle will resing. I am sure the agent has not talked to KW. He has been to talking to Rick Hahn the whole time. maybe somebody from the Buerhle camp talked to rick and got thigns moving. Doesn't mean the agent started. This way everyone can say they were right which seems to be importnat the Whitesox. Typical crap. I would though like to see some changes to this team and get new blood because this team is terrible.

Everyone is lying, but that's nothing specific to any team, player, or agent. In a negotiation involving the dollar amounts we're talking about, nobody is completely truthful. That's not how good negotiators work. They keep their cards close to the vest, and present only the information (or misinformation) that helps them achieve their goals.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
I am sure I missed it, and I really don't want to read this entire thread again, but what did Mark say? Can someone give me a link? Thanks.

Even Buehrle was having fun with the speculation, dropping clues like cookie crumbs leading to a trail -- or simply trying to confuse the media about exactly what's going on.

Asked if he had heard the latest on the trade front, Buehrle smiled and said, ''It's wrong, it's wrong.''

This was from Cowley's piece today. The "Its Wrong, It's Wrong" kind of implies that he knows something is going on and it sure doesn't sound like it would involve a trade.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)

Well, I wasn't responding to you, but since you opened the door... I think you are nuts.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
I know he wouldn't I work for him and have worked for him for 17 years.

If that's the case, gimme his number. If he ain't gonna miss it, I ain't gonna pass up an opportunity to ask for it. ;)

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
ESPN is tearing the Score apart... claiming why the hell would Mark under value himself for a "feel good" story for the White Sox.

Ding, ding, ding, ding...

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
If they trade Javy, Kenny better get back atleast the value of Chris Young, El Duque and Vizcaino.

Why what have any of these guys done since they left?? I'd hope to get better value. The Chris Young man-crush needs to stop on this board. Carlos Beltran he is not. Hell, he'd be happy to have the skill of Hunter Pence.