Andy Gonzalez: SuperSub or Superman?

Heads22

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
I've been out of town a lot and unable to watch the games. How is gonzalez defensively in CF? Because if he is halfway decent out there, then maybe he becomes the 4th OF next year.

He's looked solid to me. He seems to have decent reads and OK range.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
I'm not even sure if Pablo is signed through next year or not, but Andy strikes me as the next Pablo Ozuna on our roster, in terms of if things are going well (which for sure they aren't this year of course). Either way, he'll be taking Cintron, Mackowiak, or Ozuna's roster spot next year.

If Cintron is still around we have serious issues...looking at our contract chart our bench is way overpaid and should all be replaced with lower cost players/prospects with the exception of Hall...also our entire OF squad is going to be replaced next year, we had $13mm tied up in five guys, it is going to be very difficult to build a productive outfield for $13mm.

I think the Sox will deal contreras for financial flexibility more than anything. (BTW- I think there is an error on Contreras' birthday unless that was done on purpose, but I don't think he is 56 years old.)

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
Should be no surprise Contreras would wave his no trade. He waived one to come to the White Sox, saying the same thing. I may be the only one on this site that hopes the Sox keep him.

Make that two. Jose has been an absolute stud for us. Again, another player that we dont have a ring without him on the team. The trade for Loiaza is still the best move KW has ever made, espeically with the timing.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
Make that two. Jose has been an absolute stud for us. Again, another player that we dont have a ring without him on the team. The trade for Loiaza is still the best move KW has ever made, espeically with the timing.

Everyone appreciates Contreras, but the problem is he is signed for 2 more years at 10 million per year, (I think), and he is older than listed.

Not only that, but he used to consistently hit 94, 95 reaching 96,97 sometimes and now he has lost about 5 or 6 mph the last year or so. He can still be a good pitcher, but he is a risk for us both health wise and effectiveness. He will be better in the NL which could prolong his career.