Konerko hurt?

southsider2k5

Clu.. players don't live in that area. They just don't.

And what happened to Albert..?? He played effectively for 5 years after he was diagnosed.  :huh:

As for surgery being career ending.. I don't see Bo playin anywhere but the golf course, do you  ;) ?

Bo had surgery in 1991, and was playing as late as 1994 with the Angels. I don't remember why he retired, but it might have had something to do with his hip, don't know for sure.

And is it a bad area to live in? Since I've never been there, I obviously don't know.

Not bad. Just no privacy. They are bungalo's with zero lots. No yard, no nothing. And for 80+ days a year in the spring and summer your street and driveway are blocked ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what happened to Albert..?? He played effectively for 5 years after he was diagnosed.  :huh:

As for surgery being career ending.. I don't see Bo playin anywhere but the golf course, do you  ;) ?

Bo had surgery in 1991, and was playing as late as 1994 with the Angels. I don't remember why he retired, but it might have had something to do with his hip, don't know for sure.

And is it a bad area to live in? Since I've never been there, I obviously don't know.

Not bad. Just no privacy. They are bungalo's with zero lots. No yard, no nothing. And for 80+ days a year in the spring and summer your street and driveway are blocked ;)

Didn't you say he was having a house built? Seems like that would offer SOME privacy and space, no?

If you ever get an opportunity to meet Bo.. jump at it. Bo loves to talk allll about his bum hip. Let him tell you the stories of post surgery. Stories of the pain.. and the shots with 3 inch 4mm guage needles to try to stop the pain in his joints. Let him tell you about popping pain pills like they were candy. He loves to tell people that if you are injured, GET OFF THE FIELD. It's not worth it. Bo golfs 2 or 3 times a week in the spring & summer out here in Tinley Park and a couple times a month at Broken Arrow with Carlton. He limps when he walks and is still visibly in pain. I wouldn't say his surgery was a sucess.

All of us cannot be fortunate enough to meet guys like Bo. He's a good man who came from nothing and became a big something to millions of kids. He was a guy that I idolized growing up, and I know I was 1 of many.

he loves to talk about his power bars too........ :D  :lol:

OMG.. you ain't kiddin! You should see them out there on the course. They have cart races. Every year.. never fails. I love when they play the tourney at Wedgewood because there are a lot of dips on that course and they always tip their carts!

Didn't you say he was having a house built? Seems like that would offer SOME privacy and space, no?

The lots are only as big as they are. He did buy a double lot, but he's having a 4 car garage put up. Most of those lots don't accomidate a one car garage!

It's just a strange place for a ball player to live. He could buy a 5000 sq foot gated house in Burr Ridge for what he's paying to have that place built. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

All of us cannot be fortunate enough to meet guys like Bo.  He's a good man who came from nothing and became a big something to millions of kids.  He was a guy that I idolized growing up, and I know I was 1 of many.

You should try to get out to spring training, clu. He works with the Sox in Arizona every spring.

Guest hotsoxchick1
He could buy a 5000 sq foot gated house in Burr Ridge for what he's paying to have that place built
and ride into work each day with maggs........ :D

You should try to get out to spring training, clu. He works with the Sox in Arizona every spring.

I wanted to go out there for ST this year, but my work schedule didn't allow it.

I'll definitely try to get out there for it in '04, though.

I wanted to go out there for ST this year, but my work schedule didn't allow it.

I'll definitely try to get out there for it in '04, though.

It's a must do for any fan. I went 11 years in a row and the year I missed I was so bummed. It's a great experience.

Guest hotsoxchick1

maggs is actually in burr ridge.. a friend of mine just did one of those wooden swing sets there..........carlos is not too far from maggs and mark is in and around darien..........

maggs is actually in burr ridge.. a friend of mine just did one of those wooden swing sets there..........carlos is not too far from maggs and mark is in and around darien..........

When did he move??

He's been right off 159th street for the past 4 years?? Him and Jerry are always at Second Swing at the Orland Mall. Just within the past few weeks as a matter of fact?!?!!?!?!

Darien.. that's right. Kevin and Peg see him at the pizza joint all the time.

Guest hotsoxchick1
When did he move??

He's been right off 159th street for the past 4 years?? Him and Jerry are always at Second Swing at the Orland Mall. Just within the past few weeks as a matter of fact?!?!!?!?!

Darien.. that's right. Kevin and Peg see him at the pizza joint all the time.

dont know when he moved, if he moved or whatever.. unless thats just the house for the kids and dags.........but honest injuns they did put up a swing set there in burr ridge at the residence of magglio.. i have a nice copy of maggs autograph on the work order lol...complete with address and phone number.....wanna give him a call?? play pranks?? ya think we can ding dong ditch his house and get away with it????lol.... oh the fun we can have..........i know him and lee are close to eachother too... they like to get starbucks alot and take a morning stroll.........yes the other hangs alot at the pizza joint.. and i foreget what that bar is called but i remember how to get there.. its a sports bar.. nothing fancy but right down the street from his house...........damn.... wish i could remember the name.. next time im out there ill write it down........

The other pizza joint sorta sports bar over there is Papa Passero's, also on Cass, just south of 63rd St.

Both nothing fancy, just good places to go.

I would agree about the replay.  I can't see how he would have jammed the shoulder on that play.

it wouldn't seem that could be a shoulder injury but it could be if in his stumble when he got his foot caught he jammed his arm on the railing or whatever to prevent falling -

umm, Michelle, you are putting words in my mouth.

I'm sure many sox fans doubted Olivo, but I didn't, I swear on that. I don't assume a minor league player will be crap.

also, I never said Borchard was going to be good. I've been saying it since last year, he still needs time in AAA. the tools for him are there, he just needs to fix that long swing.

I'm not going to go on a list of the guys i liked because I simply don't have the time, but please, don't get offended because I like Jimenez.

you are acting like you are this major league scout for christ sake. everyone likes specific players, some of them don't work out. so just relax.

Jim.. it's not either one of those names...

It's a weird name.. crap I can't believe I can't remember it. It's right off 55 on the right side of the street if you're going south. s***! This is going to bug me all friggin day now.

And HSC.. I wouldn't be surprised if the house in Tinley was her sister's and they were staying there while having something built in BR. I know him and his brother-in-law are tight. So I bet that's it. And Father's day was just a few weeks ago so maybe they all hung out there and went to Second Swing. I know they have a kick ass pool! ;)

People keep bringing up a degenerative him condition and Konerko in the same breath. There is NO hip problem according to baseball insiders and Konerko himself has said there is NO hip condition.

Bla, bla, bla... yadda, yadda, yadda...

I must have my wrong glasses on again because I'm not able to read between the lines ...

What exactly is Konerko not telling the truth about, or what are the Sox not saying about Konerko?

I guess if you can't decipher the cryptic writings of Steff and HSC, you're not meant to know :rolleyes:

Still waiting on KW to step down too ladies :ph34r:

I must have my wrong glasses on again because I'm not able to read between the lines ...

What exactly is Konerko not telling the truth about, or what are the Sox not saying about Konerko?

I guess if you can't decipher the cryptic writings of Steff and HSc, you're not meant to know :rolleyes:

Still waiting on KW to step down too ladies :ph34r:

As soon as the Waybill gets processed, I'll post it ;)

And these are 2 different things. Knowing someone who has seen Paul first hand getting treatments.. and someone hearing the same thing that Michelle was told are very different, IMO.

Steff, off 55 on the right hand side, Darien area ...

The Irish place, Kerry Piper, it's in Burr Ridge. There's a Giordano's at Madison and Plainfield (Willowbrook). Bono's Pub, that's on Rt. 83, not far off 55 ... Willowbrook. The Patio is right near there too, on Rt. 83.

Unless you're talking about the billiards place (Pockets?), on Cass ... just off 55? I heard from someone else they'd seen Buerhle in there. I bet that's the one you're talking about.

By the way, speaking of players in local restaurants, Carlos Lee likes to stop in at Tacos Erindera, on 35th St. just east of Halsted, on the north side of the street. I've been going there since they opened in the late 60's. They have the best burrito you'll ever eat ... $3. No beer in there, but with food like that, who cares? Every time I go to a game, I stop and pick a few burros up to bring back to Naperville.

Tacos Erindera, Schaller's, Pancho Pistoles, Ricobene's, La Milanesa ... mmmmmmmmm ... good eatin' in Bridgeport!