Anyone see this fight at the game?

southsider2k5

It was really wild, there were bodies flying all over the place, it was nuts. I think it is funny that it made the papers.

A fight broke out in the upper deck along the third-base line in the ninth inning Sunday, big enough that it drew the attention of players and managers.

It was the second major incident during this year's city series, following a similar one last Sunday in Wrigley Field.

"I haven't seen this many fights since the Dodgers and San Francisco played in San Francisco," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said.

"I even saw a woman fight. Talk about intensity—it was very intense."

Sox security had its hands full Sunday, and a parade of alleged perpetrators made its way to the holding cell near the lobby of U.S. Cellular Field.

"Unbelievable," the Cubs' Tom Goodwin said. "There were guys falling five or six rows. It was like the Hatfields and the McCoys. Once you get that much octane in you … "

It wasn't much different at Wrigley last week when players were engrossed in a huge brawl in the right-field bleachers. Like Baker, Goodwin noticed several women duking it out in the stands.

"The girls get down and dirty around here," Goodwin said. "I saw that one big one in the ninth inning, and I saw the one at Wrigley in right-center last week, and that looked pretty bad too. It's kind of dangerous."

But from his seat in the bullpen, Joe Borowski said the crowd was calmer than he expected.

"It didn't seem like it was too bad," Borowski said. "One or two fights here and there won't kill anybody—hopefully."

Guest hotsoxchick1

nope didnt see that one but there was one in the left center bleachers friday and then one in the third baseline seats down low...caught a glimpse of both of those from the distances............other than that i thought it was pretty well behaved around there during the game.......

I'd sure like the number to Goodwins eye doctor.. cause we were sitting right behind him and while we could see something was going on.. no way we could tell if they were male or female. And it was a security guard who fell. He made it sound like people were getting tossed around. Idiot.

And the crowd was extremely tame, IMO.

I'd sure like the number to Goodwins eye doctor.. cause we were sitting right behind him and while we could see something was going on.. no way we could tell if they were male or female. And it was a security guard who fell. He made it sound like people were getting tossed around. Idiot.

I was sitting in 531 and there were some girls throwing punches. Either that or some people skipped the parade yesterday for the game.

I was sitting in 531 and there were some girls throwing punches. Either that or some people skipped the parade yesterday for the game.

That's my point.. you were in 531. We were at field level. We couldn't tell if they were male or female. I don't doubt there were chicks fighting. One girl slapped her girlfriend right in front of Jim and I in the parking lot... Jim said it was cause the "chick" was checkin' out my rack.. LOL :lol:

That's my point.. you were in 531. We were at field level. We couldn't tell if they were male or female. I don't doubt there were chicks fighting. One girl slapped her girlfriend right in front of Jim and I in the parking lot... Jim said it was cause the "chick" was checkin' out my rack.. LOL :lol:

Yeah and back to your original post for a Cubs Sox series not too much really happened. There were only a couple of pushing matches I saw, and security was much quicker to respond than in years past. They weren't messing around this year.

It was really wild, there were bodies flying all over the place, it was nuts.  I think it is funny that it made the papers.

A fight broke out in the upper deck along the third-base line in the ninth inning Sunday, big enough that it drew the attention of players and managers.

It was the second major incident during this year's city series, following a similar one last Sunday in Wrigley Field.

"I haven't seen this many fights since the Dodgers and San Francisco played in San Francisco," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said.

"I even saw a woman fight. Talk about intensity—it was very intense."

Sox security had its hands full Sunday, and a parade of alleged perpetrators made its way to the holding cell near the lobby of U.S. Cellular Field.

"Unbelievable," the Cubs' Tom Goodwin said. "There were guys falling five or six rows. It was like the Hatfields and the McCoys. Once you get that much octane in you … "

It wasn't much different at Wrigley last week when players were engrossed in a huge brawl in the right-field bleachers. Like Baker, Goodwin noticed several women duking it out in the stands.

"The girls get down and dirty around here," Goodwin said. "I saw that one big one in the ninth inning, and I saw the one at Wrigley in right-center last week, and that looked pretty bad too. It's kind of dangerous."

But from his seat in the bullpen, Joe Borowski said the crowd was calmer than he expected.

"It didn't seem like it was too bad," Borowski said. "One or two fights here and there won't kill anybody—hopefully."

I did. I was sitting in section 531, It was a couple of sections over close to the Sox dugout. The first fight involved a couple of chicks that started throwing eachother down the stairs. Security got up there pretty quickly. Than a couple minutes later about 5 or 6 guys started throwing fists at eachother. One person picked up another fans glove and threw it down to the main concourse level.

I really didn't hear anything that was said, since I was kind of far away. Hope I helped a little.

CWSOX45

No way! Section 531? What row were u in?

CWSOX45

I was wondering what the hell was thrown...i tracked it all the way to the first level where it hit somebody. The body slam in the top of the 9th was WWE worthy

There was quite a bit of beer thrown also

Yes, that and Aquafina water bottles, lol.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

I started out in 24, but then my wife has a heights problem so we moved down and sat in the 2nd row for the last inning or so.

And I was wondering what got thrown down there also. I thought it was a shoe at first and was hoping it didn't hit anyone on the way down.

LOL, it's tough being so doable. :P :P :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL, it's tough being so doable. :P :P :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was asking for it. :lol:

I don't do daytime baseball after June 21st without the black bikini top! :headbang

CWSOX45

I started out in 24, but then my wife has a heights problem so we moved down and sat in the 2nd row for the last inning or so.

And I was wondering what got thrown down there also. I thought it was a shoe at first and was hoping it didn't hit anyone on the way down.

Holy s***, I was in row 26. LOL. How did I miss you?

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

Because no one f***ing communicates around here!!

Would it have been that difficult to list your seat locations on Thursday..?

Geezzzzus! :P :rolleyes:

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

I was in my brand new AL All star jersey. We sat in 13 and 14. It was kind of funny I kept thinking I wonder if anyone from the board is sitting up here, lol.

I was sitting in Section 544 on Saturday and saw a doozy of a brawl.

I first noticed it when one of the security members had a Cub fan by throat (like Homer chokes Bart). The dude that was getting choked looked like he couldn't breathe at all, so his buddy jumped on the security and put him in a head lock. That's when all hell broke loose. The rest of the security grabbed the guy that jumped the other secuirty guard and beat the living s*** out of him. They were throwing in sucker punches and kicking him from outside the pile. It was amazing.

I think the whole thing started because a Sox fan threw a peanut at a Cubs fan.

Guest hotsoxchick1
;)  :puke I am not meant to keep my lunch down today...

zach in the speedo and matching bikini top are a sight that starts fights all on their own........... :D you just dont know what your missing out on 2k....... ;)