White Sox vs. Royals, 6/29/07 (L)

Balance

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
Contreras better cut down on that drop-down side-arm crap and go back to throwing majority of his pitches over the top, using the drop-down only once in a while to fool hitters not most of the time as he's been doing.

Cooper shouldn't have encouraged him to drop down so much last year. I remember when Jose was still going strong Coop was talking about adding yet another angle to his delivery to make him "even more dominant." It seems as since then he has forgotten about throwing over the top and has fallen in love with the sidearm slot. He's not been as effective since.

Cooper didnt teach or tell Contreras to drop down like that. He has been doing this since he got hurt. He became a sidearmer about sciatica time last year. It kills his forkball because he cant get the pull down on the pitch when you throw sidearm.

He needs to be moved, whatever we get.

PFB is back in wierd logic land. You cant play Andy Gonzales at SS because who would play CF. Well PFB, Terrero is a centerfielder.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
PFB is back in wierd logic land. You cant play Andy Gonzales at SS because who would play CF. Well PFB, Terrero is a centerfielder.

He said that? :huh:

Terrero should be playing everyday anyway. If Ozzie wants to get Andy in he can play 2B/SS/LF/RF.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
He said that? :huh:

Terrero should be playing everyday anyway. If Ozzie wants to get Andy in he can play 2B/SS/LF/RF.

Andy is an infielder, who has done a great job of playing he OF. He is not a starting CF. He is a shortstop by trade. Maybe we should try him there if we are so interested in getting him in the lineup. Uribe is just maddening.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
grienke got the save??? How does that work?

He entered the game @ 3-1, a save situation, and since he finished the game, he gets the save

I was there...UGH no fire from anyone..whole team looked flat tonight

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:44 PM)
He entered the game @ 3-1, a save situation, and since he finished the game, he gets the save

I was there...UGH no fire from anyone..whole team looked flat tonight

I thought he entered when it was 5-1... my mistake.