Another computer question

BobDylan

I bought a 22 inch Samsung SyncMaster 226bw monitor. I'm running it on a Toshiba Satellite a105-S4064 notebook. The monitor's native resolution is 1650x1050, but it appears my computer does not support that type of resolution. It's running on an Intel 945gm chipset and I've updated the drivers to it and also the BIOS to see if I can get that resolution.

So far the best I can get is 1400 x 1050 (that was only after I updated the BIOS.) I can bump it up to 1600x1200, but it's blurry. Anything above that, it just doesn't work.

I've scoured the internet for answers and the best I've found is "915resolution" which is a BIOS hack, but appears to be for Linux machines, not Windows.

Does anyone know how I can get this native resolution?

EDIT: Sorry I posted it in Palehose Talk. I wasn't paying attention.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 01:18 PM)
No, he probably is connecting VGA if it's coming from a laptop. I doubt the Intel line of graphics chipsets supports odd widescreen resolutions. You're probably SOL.

VGA, yes. I've read other line's of computers with the same chipset that were able to get the resolution. But it appears that I'm SOL at the moment. I need Toshiba to release a BIOS update with this supported resolution or find a hack.