Barry Lamar Bonds

witesoxfan

Steroids or not, he's probably the best hitter many of us have ever seen. He deserves his own thread.

And in this day and age, you can't prove who was and wasn't clean, so I figure a little respect to the man, even if he's a huge asshole. It takes a hell of a talent and a hell of a career to reach the record he's about to pass.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 12:56 AM)
Steroids or not, he's probably the best hitter many of us have ever seen. He deserves his own thread.

And in this day and age, you can't prove who was and wasn't clean, so I figure a little respect to the man, even if he's a huge asshole. It takes a hell of a talent and a hell of a career to reach the record he's about to pass.

His record means nothing to me simply because he's such an asshole. I can't respect him or anything he does because of his awful demeanor.

I couldn't possibly care less about anything he does. Luckily for him, he's so wrapped up in himself that I don't think he cares who likes him or not.

Gotta say, though, the giant asterisk posters and signs people are holding up at Giants road games are pretty damn funny.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
I'd vote him into the hall.

Me too. The guy had HOF numbers before he ever was accused of cheating, and because of the wimpy players union and management we have no way of knowing who else did or did not cheat. Without information it is pretty much a witchhunt.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:26 AM)
Bonds is not only the best player this game has ever seen, but also my favorite player

I wouldn't claim the man as my favorite player, but I do think he is the greatest hitter we've ever seen.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:26 AM)
Bonds is not only the best player this game has ever seen, but also my favorite player

94 wins, 46 losses, 107 complete games, 2.28 ERA.

.342 batting average, 714 HR, 2213 RBI.

Bonds has passed Ruth's home run numbers, but he can never surpass Ruth's impact on the game.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
94 wins, 46 losses, 107 complete games, 2.28 ERA.

.342 batting average, 714 HR, 2213 RBI.

Bonds has passed Ruth's home run numbers, but he can never surpass Ruth's impact on the game.

Its an interesting theory, but I think Bonds ushered in a new era just like Ruth did. The only thing was that Bonds ridiculousness brought about the end of the drug era, while Ruth ended the deadball era. It will be interesting to see how long this reverberates through baseball.