Barry Lamar Bonds

witesoxfan

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Come on... let's all bow down to all-knowing SHADOWS!

:notworthy

:notworthy

You're all over the place. First, it makes you better, then it doesn't. Then it helps you bulk up, then it doesn't. Then, it has this effect, then it doesn't.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about in some aspects, but when you say

that is simply false FOR MOST ATHLETES). I also think that you're just trying to show you know more then everyone else on this subject, which is fine, I guess...

You're all over the place. First, it makes you better, then it doesn't. Then it helps you bulk up, then it doesn't. Then, it has this effect, then it doesn't.

^^ Please point all this out for me.

Im not talking about most athletes im talking about baseball here, try to take a better look at what you're reading before you make misinformed posts about it.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
I really don't think that he is talking about necessarily getting bigger and bulkier (hence slowing down one's swing). What he is talking about is the rebuilding of muscle tissue at a faster pace. This faster pace does not mean that you will get too bulky. It means that you can reach your goal level of muscle mass in a much faster period of time. It also means that it is much easier to maintain that muscle mass as you are going through your daily routine. You will not get tired out as quickly as normal because you will have a much quicker recovery time (the muscle tissue gets built back up quicker).

For instance say someone wants to add 10 pounds of muscle to reach a goal that will not prohibit them from swinging.

Player A without steroids, but working hard take 1 year to do it.

Player B with steriods, and working hard takes 3 months.

Also, Player A after playing in 60 straight games is more worn down than Player B because his muscle tissue is not being rebuilt as quickly.

TIFWIW. That is what I have read up on steriods as doing, and it is why pitchers get caught with it a lot. They need their muscles rebuilt quicker so that they can go out and throw again without much loss of performance.

Yes, I know this. And its not what Kap was saying.

He was trying to prove that it wouldn't hinder your performance, which like I said it would be more likely to do that in baseball when it requires quickness/limberness to get around extend the arms etc.

For the record Kap, I understand what you are saying about muscle repair, but thats not even what I was discussing here.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
Yes, I know this. And its not what Kap was saying.

He was trying to prove that it wouldn't hinder your performance, which like I said it would be more likely to do that in baseball when it requires quickness/limberness to get around extend the arms etc.

For the record Kap, I understand what you are saying about muscle repair, but thats not even what I was discussing here.

And how DARE I leap into this on a baseball discussion board!

:lol:

That's the angle I took right away... so if I missed the historical comments, my bad. At the same time, I do detect that you're sort of all over the map. I could cut and paste, but you just clarified your position here, so now I get where you're coming from, and there's no need.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Steroids do not make you hit the ball with more regularity. Steroids do not make you have better hand eye coordination. If Bonds did use steroids, it should be taken with a grain of salt. So did Guillermo Mota and Robert Valido...

We talked about this earlier and I addressed it a moment ago: Bonds has actual talent. Valido and Mota don't. The difference, then, for Bonds is that pitches that are flyouts the other way and warning track shots now go into the upper deck both ways. Don't pretend that steroids have no effect.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Steroids do not make you hit the ball with more regularity. Steroids do not make you have better hand eye coordination. If Bonds did use steroids, it should be taken with a grain of salt. So did Guillermo Mota and Robert Valido...

I saw on HBO the creator of "The Clear" (the stuff Bonds was allegedly on), and he said that it has been scientific researched, and proven that "the clear" improves not only muscle growth and repair, but also improves bat speed and hand-eye coordination, FWIW.

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
I saw on HBO the creator of "The Clear" (the stuff Bonds was allegedly on), and he said that it has been scientific researched, and proven that "the clear" improves not only muscle growth and repair, but also improves bat speed and hand-eye coordination, FWIW.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to agree with this, there is no study out there which even comes close to analyzing the conditions under which MLB and other sport players have abused these things, because it's so incredibly illegal to do these things at the doses they're taking them @. We're talking dosages dozens of times, if not more than that, what the legitimate prescribed dose would be, of things like HGH. And there is never going to be a double-blind study of things like THG abuse combined with weight training, because its so illegal, so the only thing we have to really go on is anecdotes. The science isn't there, and never will be.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
Haha, great point there... I remember that when I said that it was purely meant for what it can do to you in baseball and not the way you appear to everyone else. Nice try though.

Much like Kap, youre just another clueless person who is talking about something other than what I was.

Actually, it was just in your sig like that. There was no other context. But if you want to clarify now, go ahead.

Yes, if a ballplayer became as muscle-bound as he possibly could, his performance would probably suffer. But an athlete can use steroids to enhance his strength without aiming for a Schwarzenegger look. Just look at all the sizes of the minor leaguers who've been caught. And saying that muscle development is generally bad for ballplayers, and sluggers in particular, is obviously nonsense. Willie McGee wasn't hitting 50 homers a year.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 11:33 AM)
Im willing to bet you know absolutely nothing about steroids except for "they're bad".. Steroids will not help you hit the ball, that is still a skill that you have to be able to do on your own, if anything, the bulk that you put on from steroids would hinder that ability. Steroids make your muscles grow, your tendons and ligaments do not.

If they help so much, why is Bonds pretty much the only player who has done anything while "on them". Why isn't Neifi Perez badass? Why did Jason Giambi crumble, yet Bonds has shown no sign of slowing down? What about those 100 or so unnamed players who failed tests in 2003 when they first tested?

I actually did a whole lot of reasearch into steroids about 2 years ago. Not only reading about the uses for certain steroids and their effects, but also opinions from doctors who specialize in the very topic.

And as I said before, HGH CAN help vision and certain steroids CAN help fast-twitch muscles, making the person's reactions faster.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)

Tired of hearing this. Certain steroids and HGH can help vision.

Actual anabolic steroids could "hinder" and use the word hinder very lightly. How come nobody is talking about HGH and the stuff from balco. The clear he was taking from balco improved eye sight, hand eye coordination amongst other things. Also, HGH repairs injuries quicker strengthens tendons etc. Now, he has been caught taken these designer drugs from balco and not necessarily anabolic steroids and anyone that completely rules out him taking other things like HGH is in denial. These things make you better, period. Shadows, what is the basis for your expertise on the subject? Have you taken steroids? You sound like youre trying to defend it.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
Actual anabolic steroids could "hinder" and use the word hinder very lightly. How come nobody is talking about HGH and the stuff from balco. The clear he was taking from balco improved eye sight, hand eye coordination amongst other things. Also, HGH repairs injuries quicker strengthens tendons etc. Now, he has been caught taken these designer drugs from balco and not necessarily anabolic steroids and anyone that completely rules out him taking other things like HGH is in denial. These things make you better, period. Shadows, what is the basis for your expertise on the subject? Have you taken steroids? You sound like youre trying to defend it.

I am defending steroids, they are awesome.

Now im done with this thread for reasons I don't care to discuss.

Heres a list of the drugs Bonds has "allegedly" taken since '98

Winstrol- Stanozolol is liked by many due to the fact it causes strength increases without excess weight-gain

Deca-durabolin- The positive effects of the drug include muscle growth, appetite stimulation and increased red blood cell production and bone density. Nandrolone

is also extensively used by bodybuilders and other athletes seeking an edge in professional competition.

Human growth hormone- most of you know what this is and does, along the lines of healing you faster and making your muscles gro quickly, if you dont you can google it and hundreds of sites come up.

Norbelethone ("The Clear")- Anecdotal sources and some unpublished SAR studies report that the potency of the drug is outstanding, surpassing, on a milligram per milligram basis, every known synthesized or commercial available anabolic steroid. It was the drug of choice for safe and "invisible" world record breaking in athletics.

Tetrahydrogestrinone ("The Cream")- is basically is high levels of testosterone rubbed on your muscles

Now, being that these "hinder" performance makes me wonder why theyre called performance "enhancing" drugs.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
Heres a list of the drugs Bonds has "allegedly" taken since '98

Winstrol- Stanozolol is liked by many due to the fact it causes strength increases without excess weight-gain

Deca-durabolin- The positive effects of the drug include muscle growth, appetite stimulation and increased red blood cell production and bone density. Nandrolone

is also extensively used by bodybuilders and other athletes seeking an edge in professional competition.

Human growth hormone- most of you know what this is and does, along the lines of healing you faster and making your muscles gro quickly, if you dont you can google it and hundreds of sites come up.

Norbelethone ("The Clear")- Anecdotal sources and some unpublished SAR studies report that the potency of the drug is outstanding, surpassing, on a milligram per milligram basis, every known synthesized or commercial available anabolic steroid. It was the drug of choice for safe and "invisible" world record breaking in athletics.

Tetrahydrogestrinone ("The Cream")- is basically is high levels of testosterone rubbed on your muscles

Now, being that these "hinder" performance makes me wonder why theyre called performance "enhancing" drugs.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
756 FOR BONDS!!!!!!!!!!! We've witnessed history. Until about 2011 when A-Rod breaks it again.

Can't get here soon enough.

Did you see the girl get pulled into the scrum for the ball? Looked like she was going into a black hole.

Lots I could say, but not going there.