Barry Lamar Bonds

witesoxfan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)

I want to go to Milwaukee for the weekend, but I figure he will only play in 2, maybe even 1 game, depending on if he hits 754. There is SRO left for the game though.

I want to go to Milwaukee too but sadly it's not going to happen.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)

I want to go to Milwaukee for the weekend, but I figure he will only play in 2, maybe even 1 game, depending on if he hits 754. There is SRO left for the game though.

We just scored tickets for the weekend. Hopefully he hits 2 tomorrow so we don't have to drive back and forth.

BTW briguy, did you have a good time at the race?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
f***, really wanted him to get up in the 9th.

Questionable call on Roberts, but thats how its been going for the Cubs lately.

Yeah, I counted two questionable calls on Roberts--the first two pitches he saw. I didn't watch much of the game, so perhaps the umpire was consistent with his low call, but normally that first pitch to Roberts is a ball. The second pitch was definitely a ball as it was inches from the inside corner.

That said, even if both pitches were called balls, a 2-0 count doesn't guarantee Roberts gets on base.

The Cubs are playing great and are only 3.5 games back of the Brewers. Too bad Ozzie Guillen led his team to a 1-5 record against the Cubs this year. Thanks Guillen.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
The Cubs are playing great and are only 3.5 games back of the Brewers. Too bad Ozzie Guillen led his team to a 1-5 record against the Cubs this year. Thanks Guillen.

Dude, no. WTF did Guillen have to do with the garbage roster on the field?

Now, for the more important topic at hand, Bonds is a god. Someone needs to change that 750 to 753.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 12:49 AM)
Dude, no. WTF did Guillen have to do with the garbage roster on the field?

Now, for the more important topic at hand, Bonds is a god. Someone needs to change that 750 to 753.

Lou Piniella knew how important the intracity series were. Guillen got outmanaged. I'm embarrased for him.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 01:15 AM)
Lou Piniella knew how important the intracity series were. Guillen got outmanaged. I'm embarrased for him.

Yeah, don't consider the fact that the Sox were faced with twice the talent that they put on the field.

Piniella and Guillen can understand all they absolutely can about baseball; Piniella's a better manager, but is it mere coincidence that the Sox won the season series against Tampa in 2005 4-2? Quite frankly, who cares; there's a reason Guillen won a World Series in 2005 and Piniella didnt, and its the talent on the field, and any argument against that is assinine. The Cubs, this year, have twice the talent the Sox do.

Guillen had nothing to do with that 1-5, but if you feel that he did, you go ahead and tell yourself that and make yourself sleep better at night. He didn't and you know it, but if it makes you feel good about yourself, blame it on Guillen; point blank, the reason the Sox sucked against the Cubs and the reason they suck this year is on KW's shoulders; you put this season or any series this season in particular on Guillen, and you'll look like an idiot.

Man I still remember when I was in attendance when he hit #70 to tie the single season record, it was awesome.. I cant imagine what it will feel like when he hits #755/756

Man, you are one lucky bastard to see #70. For what it's worth, I was in attendance for 629 and 631 at The Cell.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Man, you are one lucky bastard to see #70. For what it's worth, I was in attendance for 629 and 631 at The Cell.

Wasn't one of those an absolute bomb off of Colon

Wasn't one of those an absolute bomb off of Colon

Ahh yes. Colon had struck him out 3 straight times, and he challenged him in his 4th at-bat with a 97 mph heater right there, and Bonds nailed it, and that gave the Giants the lead. The one he hit off Garland, which was 629, hit the concourse in right-center.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 10:42 AM)
For purely selfish reasons, I would love for him to break the record tonight. It would be so easy to remember what day it happened on for the rest of my life.

Happy birthday?

Bonds's Giants are back on the road for the next 6 games. Could make for good tv watching the crowd response if he hits his next two on the road.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)

Yeah, Lou undressed Ozzie out there. If only Guillen knew his bullpen was going to crap all over itself, we'd have swept the Cubs that first series.