Rowand May Not Be Starting Next Year

Chisoxfn

The Sox are looking to pick up a centerfielder if the timing is right. Now I'm not saying they are going to pick up a star, but someone like Todd Hollandworth who I recently suggested definately fits the bill and would at least provide a left handed stick in the lineup.

It is not a guarantee they will pick one up, but KW did mention he was hoping he could of kept the Rowand injury quiet so he would of had better leeway negotiating a deal. At least he understands what leverage is now. See, and everyone thinks he doesn't learn, haa!

Does anyone see something like a Juan Pierre for Rowand swap? I know the Rockies are high on Rowand and I don't know much about Pierre, but he's supposed to have great range and amazing speed.

Any other ideas of centerfielders?

Pierre hit .287 with a bomb, 35 ribbies and 47 SBs last year. Not bad.

But which do we want? Rowands POTENTIAL power and decent speed or no power from Pierre but excellent speed? We have Koney, Maggs and hopefully Thomas among others to provide the power but we dont have much speed. So since rowand has not yet come thru with any of his potential, I dont think it would be a bad idea to trade for Pierre.