White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/02/07 (L)

chisox72

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:59 AM)
He is represented by Boras, which is why the Sox probably won't even talk to Patterson but I'd still love for it to happen.

Some team will give him the chance to start every day.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
Bukvich and Jenks turn it into a clusterf*** (BTW, I've not been a Jenks fan since he pretty much lost his velocity and effectiveness. The fact he's now an "All-Star" actually makes me chuckle a bit).

His numbers are still pretty good and despite his velocity down, he still gets people out most of the time.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
totally especially since hes been one of the best closers in the league this season. But yeah, good point

He has a lot of saves, but he hasn't been as dominating. His second half of 2006 wasn't very good. I hope we aren't seeing the beginning of a rerun. He never would have become the folk hero he became if he was throwing 93 in 2005.

I hope people opposed to trading Jenks hold this game in their memory. Without a 98-100 mph fastbal to compensate for command, he's just not as effective at 93-95.

I wouldn't be surprised if his velocity dips below 92 entering next season. Then what is Williams going to do?

Worry about his replacement later.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
Bukvich and Jenks turn it into a clusterf*** (BTW, I've not been a Jenks fan since he pretty much lost his velocity and effectiveness. The fact he's now an "All-Star" actually makes me chuckle a bit).

Jenks has still been incredibly effective this year even without the good gas. To state otherwise is just plain wrong.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
He has a lot of saves, but he hasn't been as dominating. His second half of 2006 wasn't very good. I hope we aren't seeing the beginning of a rerun. He never would have become the folk hero he became if he was throwing 93 in 2005.

hasnt been as dominating?

Are you blaming that purely on his velocity, or his actual statistics and performance?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
I hope people opposed to trading Jenks hold this game in their memory. Without a 98-100 mph fastbal to compensate for command, he's just not as effective at 93-95.

I wouldn't be surprised if his velocity dips below 92 entering next season. Then what is Williams going to do?

Worry about his replacement later.

Why? Because his WHIP and BAA have never been better in his career?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
Jenks has still been incredibly effective this year even without the good gas. To state otherwise is just plain wrong.

I agree but he has a history of not being good in the second of back to back games