Buckwheat the stiff

greg775

If Buckvich isn't sent down tonight, KW should be fired.

He cannot pitch at this level.

If the Sox keep any Royals rejects on the roster, again KW should be fired.

My gawd.

Let tonight's game be the one that drains the Cell of fans the rest of the season.

WOW!

What a disgrace.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
If Buckvich isn't sent down tonight, KW should be fired.

He cannot pitch at this level.

If the Sox keep any Royals rejects on the roster, again KW should be fired.

My gawd.

Let tonight's game be the one that drains the Cell of fans the rest of the season.

WOW!

What a disgrace.

I'll continue to say that's an absolutely idiotic thing to say.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 03:13 AM)
Probably. This loss just is devastating.

Devastating to what? Our uphill battle to get to .500 before end of the year? We have a bad lineup and terrible bullpen....please tell me Greg that you didn't start thinking this team was going to make up 11 games on Detroit and Cleveland?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
I'll continue to say that's an absolutely idiotic thing to say.

And I'll continue to agree with you. I personally love the $96M payroll.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
If Buckvich was sent down, who would come up?

Probably Carlos Vasquez. Though he is a lefty. There are no good righties at Charlotte unless you want to put Broadway in the pen.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
And I'll continue to agree with you. I personally love the $96M payroll.

Probably Carlos Vasquez. Though he is a lefty. There are no good righties at Charlotte unless you want to put Broadway in the pen.

Wassermann probably would be as good a choice as Vasquez. He can get righties out at least, although his control hasn't been good this season. Anyway, he'd be just as good a choice as Bukvich.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Devastating to what? Our uphill battle to get to .500 before end of the year? We have a bad lineup and terrible bullpen....please tell me Greg that you didn't start thinking this team was going to make up 11 games on Detroit and Cleveland?

While I don't want the Sox to lose, every loss brings them closer to a higher draft choice. It may not matter, given the Sox scouting and magnetic repulsion from talented amateur players, but it's something. A win doesn't do anything for the organization.

IN the last 2 years, Buckholz failed on the Royals and the Rangers. To bring him on a potential champion's staff.....

Well, Sisco and macdougal were ex Royals too.

And then there's Aardsma....

Our pen did/does not have the greatest pedigree. Failed Rangers, Royals and Cubs.

If Buckvich was sent down, who would come up?

Fair question.

I hate to say this, but I'll take anybody that's not a former Royals player right now.

And I did have some hope that the team could overachieve and perhaps finish .500 this season, fathom.

The 5-1 road trip, despite the opposition and bad hitting against KC, gave me hope.

Add to that the opponent tonight and the six runs ... I think it is a really bad loss.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)
Fair question.

I hate to say this, but I'll take anybody that's not a former Royals player right now.

And I did have some hope that the team could overachieve and perhaps finish .500 this season, fathom.

The 5-1 road trip, despite the opposition and bad hitting against KC, gave me hope.

Add to that the opponent tonight and the six runs ... I think it is a really bad loss.

Finishing at .500 would probably be the worst thing for this franchise in the long run, not sure why you'd want that.

Cause I've been through this argument before.

I do not care about the draft. I don't.

I want to win every game played.

I simply could care less about the draft in a sport where most of the draftees do not even make

the big leagues.

WHO f***ING CARES IF THEY ARE FORMER ROYALS?

Still the most overused and meaningless reason for this team being s***ty. A s***ty player is a s***ty player, whether or not they played for the Royals.

Newsflash: the Royals are eons more talented than we are. They should worry about having our trash.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 05:30 AM)

I simply could care less about the draft in a sport where most of the draftees do not even make

the big leagues.

Why must you type in the most annoying way possible?

the big leagues.

I dunno. Is it proper to use the entire line? To type all the way to the end? It seemed to me it was better to shorten the sentence and stack the sentences.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
I dunno. Is it proper to use the entire line? To type all the way to the end? It seemed to me it was better to shorten the sentence and stack the sentences.

I actually kind of like the stacked sentence approach.

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)
WHO f***ING CARES IF THEY ARE FORMER ROYALS?

Still the most overused and meaningless reason for this team being s***ty. A s***ty player is a s***ty player, whether or not they played for the Royals.

Newsflash: the Royals are eons more talented than we are. They should worry about having our trash.

Oh yeah? Well look at Carlos Beltran! He blows! And Carl Crawford -- if he got traded he'd be a former Devil Ray so he would suck, too!

Taking out Buehrle was an idiotic, stupid ass move. You don't take the ball out of your pitchers hand in that situation. He went 7.2 strong up till that point, and was getting the righties out more effectively tonight. If I was Buehrle in that situation, I wouldn't have given Ozzie the ball. I would have said get the f*** outta here, this is my ballgame.

Who the hell cares if he threw 117 pitches? He isn't getting paid to be babied. I am sure 1 more batter wouldn't have killed him. If he gets the out, great. If he gives up a hit, then take him out.

Hey, I am glad to know that if it was Contreras on the mound though, he would have stayed in, even if he was struggling all game...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
Finishing at .500 would probably be the worst thing for this franchise in the long run, not sure why you'd want that.

Don't you think the effect on the fan base (butts in seats) that a sub .500 season would cause would be worse than anything gained from the draft?