Buckwheat the stiff

greg775

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
Don't you think the effect on the fan base (butts in seats) that a sub .500 season would cause would be worse than anything gained from the draft?

That's certainly a valid question and obviously I could be wrong but I personally don't think that hovering around .500 is going to do anymore for selling tickets than a team that is playing some kids and at least could be exciting to watch.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
Taking out Buehrle was an idiotic, stupid ass move. You don't take the ball out of your pitchers hand in that situation. He went 7.2 strong up till that point, and was getting the righties out more effectively tonight. If I was Buehrle in that situation, I wouldn't have given Ozzie the ball. I would have said get the f*** outta here, this is my ballgame.

Who the hell cares if he threw 117 pitches? He isn't getting paid to be babied. I am sure 1 more batter wouldn't have killed him. If he gets the out, great. If he gives up a hit, then take him out.

Hey, I am glad to know that if it was Contreras on the mound though, he would have stayed in, even if he was struggling all game...

Are you for real. 117 pitches in the game, 8 warm up pitches for 8 innings, his pregame long toss session, and his pregame bullpen session. That is a hell of a lot of work on the arm. This is a sub 500 team near the allstar break. Why the hell are people so bent and worried about 1 more batter in this season over the harm it could of done to a pitcher in the long run. He is a 28 year old soon to be FA. Do you really think that he was thinking to himself, one more out and I can defeat the mighty Baltimore Orioles. Or that hey we have a pretty big lead here, the bullpen should be able to get a few outs and lets call it a night. 4 outs, thats what the bullpen needed to get. 4 outs.

The he isnt paid to be babied is a dumb comment. Buerhle is a guy who toes the rubber every 5 days and goes deep. He is everything you ask in a pitcher, in fact our starters have busted their asses all season long. Making comments on a guy not going deep enough in the game is a bit myopic.

Actually, why not Wassermann? RH reliever at AAA, he's excelled at each level in the minors, this year he has a 1.09 WHIP, 1.83 ERA and righthanders are hitting only .132 against him.

Seems like maybe Day could benefit from more AAA time (he pretty much skipped Charlotte), and his numbers even at AA weren't as good as Wasserman's at AAA.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:10 AM)
Are you for real. 117 pitches in the game, 8 warm up pitches for 8 innings, his pregame long toss session, and his pregame bullpen session. That is a hell of a lot of work on the arm. This is a sub 500 team near the allstar break. Why the hell are people so bent and worried about 1 more batter in this season over the harm it could of done to a pitcher in the long run. He is a 28 year old soon to be FA. Do you really think that he was thinking to himself, one more out and I can defeat the mighty Baltimore Orioles. Or that hey we have a pretty big lead here, the bullpen should be able to get a few outs and lets call it a night. 4 outs, thats what the bullpen needed to get. 4 outs.

The he isnt paid to be babied is a dumb comment. Buerhle is a guy who toes the rubber every 5 days and goes deep. He is everything you ask in a pitcher, in fact our starters have busted their asses all season long. Making comments on a guy not going deep enough in the game is a bit myopic.

Any pitcher would be pissed as hell if they were taken out at that point. If I am a pitcher, I want to pitch. I don't care if I threw 90 or 900 pitches, this is my ballgame. I am so freaking sick of this pitch count s***. You think someone like Nolan Ryan wanted to be taken out of games when his pitch count was high, even though he had been pitching good all game and got into a little situation late? Hell no, he would pitch. That was Mark Buehrle's game. You don't take the ball out of your pitchers hand when it is his ballgame. Idiotic and stupid. If I was a pitcher, I wouldn't care if the team was 50 games under and had no chance at anything, I would want to pitch.

But hey, I'm old fashion. Maybe Buehrle didn't care and was glad to get taken out.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
Day will be back soon enough.

I just threw up a little.

Why? Besides from his first two outings, he was pretty damn good. In his first outings, he had just a sweeping slider. But that seemed to be nerves or something, and after that he had a hard sharp slider, to go along with that hard moving fastball. I am excited to see how he will return, cause he has some good potential.

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)
WHO f***ING CARES IF THEY ARE FORMER ROYALS?

Still the most overused and meaningless reason for this team being s***ty. A s***ty player is a s***ty player, whether or not they played for the Royals.

Newsflash: the Royals are eons more talented than we are. They should worry about having our trash.

Let's see - you don't excel on a team that wins 60 games a year...yeah, I think it's relevant.

I'd ask - who gives a crap about how many Ks you get, if you struggle getting people out otherwise.