White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/04/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
It's fine, after hearing just glowing reports about Pedro Alvarez at the Team USA game today, I have no problem with the Sox losing.

You're not a real fan, then.

:D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
It looks like these guys would rather be anywhere else but here.

It's fine, after hearing just glowing reports about Pedro Alvarez at the Team USA game today, I have no problem with the Sox losing.

Hopefully we accommodate some of those guys.

I don't mind the losses either, I just have no idea what the hell they'd do in the draft. Even if there was a logical pick.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Anxiously awaiting getting some of this dead weight off our team.

I want Dewon "Had a Bad" Day back!

Can't get any worse.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
Good to see Dye still in the game down 6 and having just batted.

It's not enought that Dye's value has sunk offensively, why not leave him out and expose his defensive woes as well?

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
Who is pitching to him??? Neal Cotts?

They're playing Durham.

Though, he is 11 for his last 34 with 3 hr, 7 RBI, 2B, 3B, 3 walks and 11 K :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
It's not enought that Dye's value has sunk offensively, why not leave him out and expose his defensive woes as well?

I gave up all hope of our manager doing the right thing in showcasing potential guys to trade after last Friday's game in KC.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
Maybe since we are just now playing to fight off the Royals, we could possibly try to see Josh Fields play a little LF... oh wait, that would mean Cintron would have to play... nevermind. :crying

maybe Ozzie could pack up the

Gonzalez/Mackowiak platoon and move it to 3rd for a couple months. Crede will probably be back with us next year - if Fields can actually play even so-so left field and hit like it looks like he may, we have 2 positions upgraded.

My friend had a funny story about Paul Bako. His uncle has a resort on Lake Michigan that Dusty Baker frequented. Baker told his uncle that if he ever wanted an autograph or something, he'd do it for him. So the uncle asked his nephew, a dyed in the wool Brew Crew fan if he wanted any autographs. He decided he wanted one of former Brewer Paul Bako. So, the day that Dusty got this autograph, it was apparently the big joke in the clubhouse, as, during some announcements, he had to say "and I need an autograph from.......Bako...."

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
The turning point of this season was blowing that game on Monday.

Monday? I believe the 'turning point' -- or the moment the majority of Soxtalk knew 2007 wasn't our year -- was the final game of the Cubs series. Our pitiful stretch of games against the supposedly weak National League concluded with a sweep. And while it was over far before that in my mind, that was the turning point for many more on the fence.