White Sox vs. Orioles, 7/04/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Jose is so bad. Please Kenny, get rid of him. Why do you want to keep him and let Buehrle go? My god it must be great to live the life of an insane person.

Haha. This game is gonna be out of reach in like, 7 pitches.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:06 PM)
Haha. Jose is so bad. Please Kenny, get rid of him. Why do you want to keep him and let Buehrle go? My god it must be great to live the life of an insane person.

Haha. This game is gonna be out of reach in like, 7 pitches.

I've really become irritated with this lull in activity. Does it really take an additional four days to negotiate a NTC? All parties know now by now their position.

Tomorrow should be the limit with this Buehrle situation. Either trade him or sign him. Enough of this.

If Contreras' removal is entirely dependent upon Buehrle, more the reason to speed everything up.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Maybe its about time for Grandpa Contreras to start throwing over the top again. This sidearm s*** is killing him. He is f***ing us, by playing like crap, and he is killing his trade value because the scouts have radar guns, and can see what we are seeing.

He is 88 and down, it seems like Garcia all over again.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
I've really become irritated with this lull in activity. Does it really take an additional four days to negotiate a NTC? All parties know now by now their position.

Tomorrow should be the limit with this Buehrle situation. Either trade him or sign him. Enough of this.

If Contreras' removal is entirely dependent upon Buehrle, more the reason to speed everything up.

Maybe you should answer your PM's. :angry:

:D

The Buerhle situation should have no affect on the Contreras removal. This guy is going to be on the bill for 2 more years. If we can get this off, it will allow us to take that money and use it elsewhere. The Count is having huge velocity issues.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
He is f***ing us, by playing like crap, and he is killing his trade value because the scouts have radar guns, and can see what we are seeing.

He is 88 and down, it seems like Garcia all over again.

Trade Contreras for Milledge and additional prospect and end his time on the Southside.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
Maybe you should answer your PM's. :angry:

:D

Ha, I thought you were drunk. You had "nm" in the title and I thought perhaps you used your magically admin powers to edit the title after it was sent.

To answer the question, no I don't. :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:21 AM)
He keeps taking a dump on the mound, and we wont be talking Milledge anymore.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago. We're looking at some B/C prospects if we expect anyone to take on his contract.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
I think that ship sailed a long time ago. We're looking at some B/C prospects if we expect anyone to take on his contract.

well if he took a chance to look at some tape, or had a clue, he could see that he was much more effective throwing with his arm angle up. I dont know how anyone is expected to get bite on a forkball when you are slinging it sidearm. When his arm is up, he has better velocity, he has better location, and he has a better downward stroke on the forkball. This sidearm s***, is either masking an injury, or he is just lazy. You dont just decide to change your mechanics all of a sudden this far into your career.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
The Buerhle situation should have no affect on the Contreras removal. This guy is going to be on the bill for 2 more years. If we can get this off, it will allow us to take that money and use it elsewhere. The Count is having huge velocity issues.

What sort of impression does it send to trade Contreras while in negotiations with Buehlre? If I didn't know better (which I do), I'd think he wasn't devoting all his attention to the more important issue. It just doesn't look good.

Hence, if Buehrle's contract negotiation is given top priority -- which it may or may not be labeled -- then everything should be done quicker because I can't stand another Contreras start.

The Buehrle situation while incredibley frusterating doesn't need to be rushed. Trading JC should have been down like a month ago though, he's killing his trade value.

Edited by Rowand44

KW said that he won't make any other moves until the Buehrle situation is resolved. Like I keep saying, the worst case scenario is trading Buehrle for a less-than-spectacular package, and then keeping Contreras around for the next two years.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
Bases loaded, no runs. Too bad Terrero is latino.

Too bad you don't stick to your word.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
When did he say that?

He said that prior to Buehrle's start on Monday during his interview he gave.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:29 AM)
If Paulie were a horse he'd be in the glue factory by now--along with Thome and Dye.

2 outs, softly hit single to right field, and the right fielder is playing deep....my grandma could score in that situation.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
The Buehrle situation while incredibley frusterating doesn't need to be rushed. Trading JC should have been down like a month ago though, he's killing his trade value.

When it's filtered through the media that deadlines are established, then after broken, it becomes a bit tiring. When it's filtered through the media that Buehrle is close to signing, then isn't, and a NTC is an obstacle then it just gets to a point where I want it to end.

Recently Wednesday (today) was set as the deadline. It better be. I don't know to keep hearing about new extensions.

Another problem here is delaying the signing/trading of Buehrle just prolongs the frustration with this dead season. Nothing seems to have gone our way. Everything is a circus and drawn out.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Impressive 86 mph fastballs from Contreras. It's just painful to watch him pitch these days. It's really the first albatross contract that KW has caused us to have.

Haha....this is a pathetic showing by Contreras. He's done! I wonder if we'll ever see him as a pitcher with an ERA under 5 in his career again? Also, Aardsma warming up means no Floyd on Friday.

Edited by fathom