Gavin Floyd Recalled

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
I wonder which starter this might be? Is anyone involved in stalled contract negotiations?

It absolutely will be Jose Contreras (he's the first to go, imo, and than as the deadline approaches either Buehrle goes or one of Jon/Javier goes if he gets an amazing offer, otherwise Kenny holds off till the off-season to move the 2nd pitcher).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
It absolutely will be Jose Contreras (he's the first to go, imo, and than as the deadline approaches either Buehrle goes or one of Jon/Javier goes if he gets an amazing offer, otherwise Kenny holds off till the off-season to move the 2nd pitcher).

Kenny is going to have a harder time trading Jose after his 86-88mph fastballs last night. The Sox may do well if they can straighten his mechanics out over the next couple of weeks and he can have a couple of strong outings before the deadline.

Heard on the postgame show on my way back tonight, Gavin is making his debut in the second game, Garland will start the first game. Sorry NSS72, I just ruined some of that ticket value :D ....

this tells me that if Floyd does good tomorrow night, a trade would be imminent. Cause if they were just planning on using Floyd for one game and then sending him back down, he would have started the 1st game. And I hope to god Kenny and Oz aren't planning on putting him in the pen.