Come on Ozzie....

whitesoxfan101

That is just horrible. You've got a kid who was struggling, had given you his 2nd strong outing in a row at 6 innings and 2 runs, you had made all the other "this game is over" subs with Mack at 1st and putting Owens in....so you leave Danks in for the 7th with 100 pitches in what was a perfect chance to give the kid who has never thrown more than 150 innings a shot to get a little rest since we were up 8. What happens? His good outing turns into a piss poor one and who knows what it did to his confidence. Those who say Ozzie hates young players might be wrong, but those who say he can't handle them are 100 percent right. Horrible.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Yeah!!! And to add on...

Hey Ozzie, why did you let them wear the white uniforms?!? We all know the black ones look cooler at night!!! You shouldn't have let the youngster pick out the white pinstripes!! What are you thinking?!?

Whoever said Ozzie had zero fashion sense was 100 percent right! Horrible.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Yeah!!! And to add on...

Hey Ozzie, why did you let them wear the white uniforms?!? We all know the black ones look cooler at night!!! You shouldn't have let the youngster pick out the white pinstripes!! What are you thinking?!?

Whoever said Ozzie had zero fashion sense was 100 percent right! Horrible.

I was utterly bewildered he left Danks in. If this were Mark or Jon or Javy even ok, but Danks is a rookie and had been struggling for a while until his last outing. We were up 8, he had thrown 6 strong and 100 pitches and there we no need at all to leave him out there for the 7th. Our pen can hold an 8 run lead. I don't see how this point is unreasonable.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
I can see the correct thing to do with my 20/20 past vision goggles!! Anyone else want to try them on?

How is it 20/20? As soon as the inning started I was confused why they left him in. We're going to win the game anyway, but Danks will now have the entire all star break to think about how horrible he was to end that outing instead of all the momentum he had built the 14 innings previous on the mound.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
That is just horrible. You've got a kid who was struggling, had given you his 2nd strong outing in a row at 6 innings and 2 runs, you had made all the other "this game is over" subs with Mack at 1st and putting Owens in....so you leave Danks in for the 7th with 100 pitches in what was a perfect chance to give the kid who has never thrown more than 150 innings a shot to get a little rest since we were up 8. What happens? His good outing turns into a piss poor one and who knows what it did to his confidence. Those who say Ozzie hates young players might be wrong, but those who say he can't handle them are 100 percent right. Horrible.

WS101, you are the worst second guesser in the history of Soxtalk. You crack me up, but you need to step back and see how inverted your logic is in these instances sometimes. Everyone has been complaining about Ozzie not letting Danks go longer in outings and pulling him too early, Ozzie gave the kid a chance to cruise through the 7th. Danks had retired what, 9 or 10 in a row before all of that started?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
I was utterly bewildered he left Danks in. If this were Mark or Jon or Javy even ok, but Danks is a rookie and had been struggling for a while until his last outing. We were up 8, he had thrown 6 strong and 100 pitches and there we no need at all to leave him out there for the 7th. Our pen can hold an 8 run lead. I don't see how this point is unreasonable.

Hindsight is 20/20

If Ozzie took him out when you said he should and our bullpen started giving up runs like it did on Monday, you be the first one screaming that Ozzie should have left him in.

Let's face it...if Ozzie sneezes, you think he should have coughed. If he coughs...why didn't he sneeze?!?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
WS101, you are the worst second guesser in the history of Soxtalk. You crack me up, but you need to step back and see how inverted your logic is in these instances sometimes. Everyone has been complaining about Ozzie not letting Danks go longer in outings and pulling him too early, Ozzie gave the kid a chance to cruise through the 7th. Danks had retired what, 9 or 10 in a row before all of that started?

lol if anybody else posted this thread i'd be getting support, but I am used to it. How is it second guessing? He had thrown 100 pitches in only 6 innings, we haven't been letting him go past 100 pitches, he's a rookie, we're going into the all star break, we are up by 8 runs.....there was no need to leave him in there. He had just give up 2 narrowly missed home runs to end the 6th, the writing was on the wall. This is not 2nd guessing, if you disagree fine but don't be inaccurate.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)

The point is unreasonable because you want Danks to progressively go deeper into games and learn how to manage the game. Pulling him before the 7th started when he is winning by 8, after only giving up 2 would look crazy and premature.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
WS101, you are the worst poster in the history of Soxtalk.

I know that's what you really meant. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
He's been pretty f***ing awesome with the handling of Danks this year. I don't have any complaints with that.

^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
lol if anybody else posted this thread i'd be getting support, but I am used to it. How is it second guessing? He had thrown 100 pitches in only 6 innings, we haven't been letting him go past 100 pitches, he's a rookie, we're going into the all star break, we are up by 8 runs.....there was no need to leave him in there. He had just give up 2 narrowly missed home runs to end the 6th, the writing was on the wall. This is not 2nd guessing, if you disagree fine but don't be inaccurate.

Storm in a glass of water... :huh

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
He's been pretty f***ing awesome with the handling of Danks this year. I don't have any complaints with that.

Which is why what he did tonight makes no sense. It goes against the work Ozzie has done handeling Danks the entire season, as he's always tried to get him out on a good note. I'm not hating on the handeling of Danks this year overall as it's been good, but tonight was laughable. He'll have a week to think about the disaster in the 7th instead of all the good he did the 14 innings before that now.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
The real question is would he have made the same decision if there wasn't a DH tomorrow

Since no one has chosen to answer, and since you are 100% correct, I'm going to go ahead and say No.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
The point is unreasonable because you want Danks to progressively go deeper into games and learn how to manage the game. Pulling him before the 7th started when he is winning by 8, after only giving up 2 would look crazy and premature.

To who? If he had thrown 75 or 80 pitches maybe, but not after he got to 100 pitches through 6 after the last 2 outs of the 6 were deep flyouts. The fact we were up 8 and the game was over was just another reason why to get him out on a high note.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
The real question is would he have made the same decision if there wasn't a DH tomorrow

That's a good point but the staff has 3 (or is it 4? I can't remember if we play Thursday) days off after Sunday. They can throw an extra inning up 8 in the 7th inning to make sure the rookie leaves on a good note.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
Which is why what he did tonight makes no sense. It goes against the work Ozzie has done handeling Danks the entire season, as he's always tried to get him out on a good note. I'm not hating on the handeling of Danks this year overall as it's been good, but tonight was laughable. He'll have a week to think about the disaster in the 7th instead of all the good he did the 14 innings before that now.

Why don't you send him a Teddy-gram and a bowl of soup so he doesn't cry.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)
To who? If he had thrown 75 or 80 pitches maybe, but not after he got to 100 pitches through 6 after the last 2 outs of the 6 were deep flyouts. The fact we were up 8 and the game was over was just another reason why to get him out on a high note.

OR Ozzie know's we have a big lead and there is a double header tomorrow and he wants to preserve the pen? I'm sure Danks isn't going to lose sleep over it tonight. He'll still get the win, and SoxTalk, sans you, will be happy.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
You aren't exactly on the list of people who should be calling out poor and/or lacking knowledge posters.

Please STFU. Don't drag others into your pit of idiocy.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
OR Ozzie know's we have a big lead and there is a double header tomorrow and he wants to preserve the pen? I'm sure Danks isn't going to lose sleep over it tonight. He'll still get the win, and SoxTalk, sans you, will be happy.

I'm happy with the win. Outside of the last 2 innings on Monday, this was a very good series in fact. And again, if anybody but Danks is pitching I see the logic leaving them in, as the veterans wouldn't care if they were in too long and gave up an extra few runs. But as mature as Danks has shown to be, he's still a rookie that will have over a week to think about the s*** end to his 1st half.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Please STFU. Don't drag others into your pit of idiocy.

If somebody wants to call me the worst poster on the board, that's fine. At least let them be somebody with a shred of knowledge though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
You aren't exactly on the list of people who should be calling out poor and/or lacking knowledge posters.

I'll just laugh and applaud your ignorance since you're the only one who has ever said this.

Oh and just for the record, I was obviously kidding around with Kyyle. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm happy with the win. Outside of the last 2 innings on Monday, this was a very good series in fact. And again, if anybody but Danks is pitching I see the logic leaving them in, as the veterans wouldn't care if they were in too long and gave up an extra few runs. But as mature as Danks has shown to be, he's still a rookie that will have over a week to think about the s*** end to his 1st half.

Sure, maybe he'll be a bit pissed about the end of his 1st half...until he toes the rubber for his next start. All the other crap goes out the window.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
I'll just laugh and applaud your ignorance since you're the only one who has ever said this.

:D