White Sox vs. Twins, Game 1 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Kenny can point to this game as to why he doesn't offer Garland a full NTC next year.

I am sure thats what Kenny is trying to do with Buerhle, point to a game last year and smiling and saying, well he blew dog late last year, how can I give him the NTC.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Kenny can point to this game as to why he doesn't offer Garland a full NTC next year.

Then couldn't Kenny just point to that Cubs game from last year as to why he refuses to give Buehrle NTC?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HEY! I found it. August 30th, 1970. Jerry Janeski was your starting pitcher in a 21-11 Sox loser to Boston. It took place at Old Comisky. Hawk's idol Carl Yastrzemski went 1-5 w/ a 3 run HR.

Good God, Jerry Janeski. Wow was he bad. That year was worse than this year, as bad as this one is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
HEY! I found it. August 30th, 1970. Jerry Janeski was your starting pitcher in a 21-11 Sox loser to Boston. It took place at Old Comisky. Hawk's idol Carl Yastrzemski went 1-5 w/ a 3 run HR.

Nearly 37 years? DAMN.

And where did that Thome homer land? How far?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at it this way, at least the White Sox won a couple of innings:

2nd - Sox killed the Twins 3-1

5th - Sox nipped the Twins 3-2

6th - Sox owned the Twins 1-0 (a one inning shutout)

hey, 3 out of 9 ain't bad!

on the plus side, thome & konerko are helping out my fantasy team. but on the negative side, I started Garland... :chair

The team should get liquored up before the next game. Or maybe they did that before they took the field.

Guillen will either sound like he is depressed in the post game comments, or he will mother f*** everyone on the 25 man roster.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
The team should get liquored up before the next game. Or maybe they did that before they took the field.

Guillen will either sound like he is depressed in the post game comments, or he will mother f*** everyone on the 25 man roster.

Well, to be fair, this team didn't have Erstad today.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Of the 16 half innings in this game so far, there has been at least 1 run in 13 of them. We've scored 6 of 8 innings, they have 7 of 8. And I wonder the last time we scored 11 and still lost by 9 or more.

August 30th, 1970. Lost 21-11.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
Well, to be fair, this team didn't have Erstad today.

Sure if Grinder and Pods were on this team, we would be winning 38 to -9. Their combo of grinder and speed would kill any hope of them scoring runs, and would scare each pitcher into walking everyone in.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Sure if Grinder and Pods were on this team, we would be winning 38 to -9. Their combo of grinder and speed would kill any hope of them scoring runs, and would scare each pitcher into walking everyone in.

Praise the Lord, at least we have Owens and Gonzalez to fill in.

QUOTE(PoopsThompson @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
I think the theory is you want to keep prospects pitching regularly and learning, etc. That being said, I really wouldn't mind seeing some of these people like Egbert, etc up here pitching.

Poopsy and Heads --

I've never been a fan of placing pitchers who have predominantly started in their careers into the bullpen. Yes, I know it is common across baseball; but in my opinion, it's impractical with this current ballclub. With our starting pitching staff featuring four starters who consistently pitch deep, the opportunity for innings will rarely present itself.

Ask yourselves this, what's better for Egbert's future? Pitching out of the bullpen in Chicago, or starting in Charlotte?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jason Kubel has an annoying eye twitch that makes me want to smack him.

Of course, that may also be the haircut.

and to top it off, the bugger can't keep his fingers out of his nose. he's like an overgrown 4 year old.