Thomas interested in Orioles

Cerbaho-WG

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Well if Thomas leaves, then it means Lee will move to DH and the Sox will definately have to pick up another outfielder and then just sign a free agent pitcher.

No it doesn't.

They can put Liefer there, don't get me wrong, Liefer blows, but that is an option.

I also agree that if either Thomas or Schu go to Baltimore, the other will follow.

I also was a part of the "other" board. I havent posted for awhile, but I religiously read the posts everyday!

As far as KW.....f*** HIM! I am tired of getting pissed off about how he is f***ing up our team! DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!

:****

Great point Michelle and Ventura.

I forget that Schu wants to interview for the Orioles job and he will definately bring Frank in. Of course I like the guy they had playing first last season(A rookie, his name isn't coming to me right now) but he also can play outfield.

Frank would be a good fit for the O's, who actually had a pretty solid season last year. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to.

Guest hotsoxchick1

let me dig through my history on here... i know i read about it either on espn or on chicagosports.com... i also read a little ditty about cal ripkin either being gm of the o's or going in as part owner of the team.... they are all on the same article though that much i remember......ill search it out and see if i can find it for ya........

Guest hotsoxchick1

not at all.. i do believe that they do have some interest in thomas... they are in need of a decient bat.... and who better to fill that spot...i hope he does in fact get a deal there....with the latest rumor i have heard it would serve kenny right............maggs to new york?? could be possible next...........according to the latest rumor mill anyhow........we soon shall see..........

This Maggs thing to the Yanks pisses me off.

Torre loves Maggs. And why wouldn't he?

The guy is one of the best in the game.

If the Yanks get Maggs from us, that's it for me.

That is when I will stop following baseball.

We all have our breaking points and mine is if we trade Maggs to Yanks, Mets or anywhere.

I don't care who we get ... 11 prospects. It will be a joke.

Maggs goes I'm out forever.

Guest hotsoxchick1

if maggs goes i guess i have to pack up the house, put it on the market, and move to new york... good gosh i do hope this is a huge rumor because i HATE new york..........lol........maggs goes so do i........

This better as hell be a rumor, because it's a bad one at that. We are "trying" to improve right now, so the logical thing to do is bring in players that are good and will help the team do well....not trade away your best goddamn player. Maggs is just now entering the prime of his career....this is a guy that could be a triple crown threat, and I mean that with all seriousness.

I wouldn't even take Williams and Jeter for Ordonez....it would take something along the lines of $50 million, Andy Pettitte and Mo Rivera.....I believe Maggs is worth that much to. You don't trade a franchise player....you just don't do that kind of s***. It's against common sense. If you were to trade the franchise player, would that not make you the dumbest piece of s*** in the world?