SSR: Who Stays and Who Goes

Chisoxfn

Listen Here

The past couple weeks Mario and Jason discussed the fire sale, the organization's ineptitude over the Buehrle fiasco and now finally they've put the focus on the Sox biggest weakness....the bullpen. Do Mario and Jason think anyone in the pen should be around next season or do the Sox have a couple keepers in the pen. Gage and Scalise not only discuss this, but they throw out some scenarios in which they move certain relievers and write off certain relievers.

Our second segment (brought on by the requests of the masses...ie our 5 listeners) involves a lecture by self proclaimed minor league expert Jason Gage, who teaches Scalise and the listeners a thing or two about the guys to be on the look out for in the Sox system (warning this segment is not for the faint to heart as Gage will point out the harsh reality that is the complete lack of position prospects in the org).

So check it out, and give us some more feedback as well as information on what else you'd like us to banter about in our next show (which will be next weekend...barring some trades which would bring on an earlier special edition of SSR).

Listen Here

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
Listen Here

The past couple weeks Mario and Jason discussed the fire sale, the organization's ineptitude over the Buehrle fiasco and now finally they've put the focus on the Sox biggest weakness....the bullpen. Do Mario and Jason think anyone in the pen should be around next season or do the Sox have a couple keepers in the pen. Gage and Scalise not only discuss this, but they throw out some scenarios in which they move certain relievers and write off certain relievers.

Our second segment (brought on by the requests of the masses...ie our 5 listeners) involves a lecture by self proclaimed minor league expert Jason Gage, who teaches Scalise and the listeners a thing or two about the guys to be on the look out for in the Sox system (warning this segment is not for the faint to heart as Gage will point out the harsh reality that is the complete lack of position prospects in the org).

So check it out, and give us some more feedback as well as information on what else you'd like us to banter about in our next show (which will be next weekend...barring some trades which would bring on an earlier special edition of SSR).

Listen Here

Nice to see the people getting what they asked for (all 5 of us). :lol:

I too will listen tomorrow.

LOL, I love this show.

One of the first things I hear Gager say is "MacDougal is healthy", then I read he got put on the DL today for Day. :bang

OK, finally heard the whole show. The minor league talk was great.

Nothing to outlandish was said on the show, so good job keeping him in line Mario. :)

I thought that was probably the most restrained I've heard you 2 since you've been broadcasting (well except for the end there). :lol:

Good show again as per usual. Maybe an idea for the next show is to discuss some potential trade offers (if they haven't been done already), and what you think the Sox would target from certain teams e.g Billingsley and Betemit or Kemp from the Dodgers, and what you think they're more likely going to get etc. Could also disucss the merit of getting extra draft picks when the Sox's draft was received more favorably this season (although they loaded up on arms).

And if you've jumped from 5 listeners to 100 in 1 week, well you must be doing something right. :D

It’s good to be listening to the show again; it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to catch one of these.

The bullpen has definitely been pathetic, and they’ve killed a lot of games for us this season. It is hard to believe that we were in contention for the first couple months, but the bullpen has blown leads and increased deficits way too many times this season.

I agree that the Sox should probably look into trading Jenks, if we’re going to enter a rebuilding phase. There isn’t much reason to keep him around, if we’re not expected to contend for the next couple of years. We might as well cash in on Jenks, while he can and his stock his high.

Our bullpen is full of talent, I do agree with that statement. It’s weird how this compilation hasn’t worked out as a whole, and if we can get something for arms like Aardsma and MacDougal, I’m all for it.

ROOGY.

Dye’s definitely the guy we’ve got to be pulling for the most, if we’re expecting a solid return from him. He’s been having a lackluster year, and as Mario pointed out, his defense has been on the decline. However though it’s not there right now, he’s still got the capability to be a force on offense.

Again, congrats on the dap from Bugs and Crank. That’s really solid. And the listeners of this show are the 100 smartest people on the board. :D

Boo Heads shoutout.

Good to hear about the depth that’s been built with the pitching in the farm.

Great show guys, and nice sign-off Gage. :lol:

Keep these bad boys coming, they're a pleasure to listen to. I'm surprised you only get 100 downloads per episode. It's better than most sports talk radio plus there are no commercial breaks; people don't know what they're missing. Maybe you could get some special guests to come on for interviews too. Maybe a minor leaguer or someone associated with a minor league team to talk about what life is like for those guys.

I ask you all to keep posting up some topics you guys would like to here us banter about in the upcoming shows and I'll do my best to get some minor league guests on in the coming week (maybe even try to get some other bloggers on board so we have some fresh voices).

I also appreciate everyones weekly feedback as it helps give us a better idea of what we do good and what we need to do better or add. We should finally have a site for the podcast in the next week or two.

We are also anticipating our next recording being tomorrow (with the trade deadline coming up we are going to try and do a few more shows than usual so they stay fresh since news seems to be always changing). This show will likely be more of a review of the past half with a segment talking about Buehrle and his rammifcations on the future.