White Sox vs. Twins, Game 2 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

I have the same thread starting record as these two guys but here's a hint; bet the under.

Please don't suck Gavin. :gosox3:

Twins pregame show talks about how much of a Twin killer Thome is, but the graphic underneath says in his career against the Twins he's 2-14 with 6 BB's. :huh:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
I have the same thread starting record as these two guys but here's a hint; bet the under.

Please don't suck Gavin. :gosox3:

Twins pregame show talks about how much of a Twin killer Thome is, but the graphic underneath says in his career against the Twins he's 2-14 with 6 BB's. :huh:

He entered the day, 2-14 against the Twins this season, but is now 3-18 w/ a HR and 7BB.

Entering today, Thome had a .313/.408/.628 career line with 46 HR against the Twins. Among active players, only Frank Thomas has more HR (50) against the Twins. Thome figures to end his career being the all-time leader in HR against the Twinkies.

PLAY BALL!

whoever is the scoreboard operator for comcast sports net...they're terrible!

way to start of the game showing 2-0 when the count was 1-1 not to mention the same guy continually screwed up during Game 1.

So far, so good for Gavin.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
Floyd's delivery reminds me of Scott Elarton's

He appears to be using more of his lower body now compared to spring training, as well.

Any idea of Floyd's velocity? CSN doesn't have their radar gun working.

thank God Morneau's on my fantasy team. don't tell me Kenny Williams actually thinks the guy we got for a broke down freddy garcia deserves to be in our rotation post-Buerhle.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
thank God Morneau's on my fantasy team. don't tell me Kenny Williams actually thinks the guy we got for a broke down freddy garcia deserves to be in our rotation post-Buerhle.

Oh, please. One bad pitch. You already had your f***ing mind made up about Gavin before he started tonight.

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, please. One bad pitch. You already had your f***ing mind made up about Gavin before he started tonight.

settle down there tiger, i'm not the one on the mound throwing meatballs. if you can't post rationally, don't post at all. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)

Because he gave up a home run to Justin Morneau. God, we better get rid of anyone that does that.

Let's let him pitch a few innings.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
all i know is #34 is on the mound and he's pitching like Freddy "Dead Arm" Garcia.

You mean the guy who induced three groundballs, two of which were softly hit back to him? Give him a f***ign chance, seriously.

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)

Gavin needs a miracle to save his career as a ballplayer

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about 0-life?

na, he might catch on with the D-Rays in a few years and win a game or two. there's a reason why this is the guy we got for Freddy "Dead Arm" Garcia.