White Sox vs. Twins, Game 2 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's been about two months since we last had a 1-2-3 inning. atleast, it seems like it has been that long.

where's this supposed "wicked" slider that Floyd has developed? as previously mentioned, atleast that curve is working.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got home... did Gavin look nervous in the first or just bad?

Neither JD. He (in my opinion) did not bear down vs. Cudyher and he walked him. He threw a rolling curve ball which Morneau hit out but my beef on that is why call that pitch, it was the absolute wrong time to slow Morneau's bat down especially after he couldn't get around on Floyd's fastball.

alright, Floyd only has 44 pitches through 2 innings. atleast that's an improvement from Garland earlier in the day...

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 12:17 AM)
He appears to be using more of his lower body now compared to spring training, as well.

Any idea of Floyd's velocity? CSN doesn't have their radar gun working.

MLB gameday has Floyd hitting 95 with his fastball and 79 with his offspeed.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
Neither JD. He (in my opinion) did not bear down vs. Cudyher and he walked him. He threw a rolling curve ball which Morneau hit out but my beef on that is why call that pitch, it was the absolute wrong time to slow Morneau's bat down especially after he couldn't get around on Floyd's fastball.

Were the pitch calls coming from the dugout in the 1st? I saw AJ looking to his left. I don't know about Floyd's nerves or anything, but no breaking balls he threw in the 1st inning looked as good as any he was throwing in the 2nd.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
where's this supposed "wicked" slider that Floyd has developed? as previously mentioned, atleast that curve is working.

It's in the magical realm of fantasy where Masset's high 90's fastball and Day's 70 rated slider live.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)

Agreed 100%. He should have just attacked him and don't be afraid of the bat. That curve ball is a nasty pitch but there is no reason to throw it when he looked a little bit off on his fastball.

Konerko's bat is scorching!

oh God, here comes Dye to the plate. i think he's 0 for his last 10 and save for a 3 run bomb the other day, he's doing real bad. thus, his almost sub .200 batting average. so much for the 2005 world series MVP. sometimes i think Dye is stinking it up on purpose or he really just doesn't care...

no way Dye should of seen at bats tonight after the way he performed earlier in the day. there were about 100 hits in Game 1 and Dye didn't have a one. Gonzalez should be in RF with Terrero in CF.

Konerko can't do it all by himself

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dye looks so lost at the plate. You can groove him a fastball without worry

i think his mind is in new york city...where he just might end up sooner than later.

no matter how bad the season gets, at least we have Josh Fields to watch. he just might end up being all star caliber like Kenny Williams has claimed.

man, it kills me. all garza has is a fastball but apparently that's good enough.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
I will always appreciate what JD did for this team. I feel bad for him that he's having such an awful season.

^^^^^