White Sox vs. Twins, Game 2 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Floyd has 14 ground outs and 1 fly ball out and yet has given up 4 HR's.

So there lies the problem. If he's going to have success, he'll need better control and not give up the long ball so much.

But it's a good sign he's gotten so many outs on the ground as well.

The Twins hitters seem in the zone today as well though.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
they're just playing a prank on him. Minor league shenanigans.

He's been on fire this month, and although he was 0-3 tonite, I find it strange they'd just pinch hit for him.

Although it was the mighty Ernie Young.

As far as Poreda the fact that he is not injured is about as credible as I can get.

I can't imagine us getting much for BA unless it was some type of package deal. I'd rather see him than Owens up to see what we have for the second half since this season is over. Dealing BA just to deal him would be a dumb move unless he was a piece of a larger puzzle that made sense...

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
if minnesota brings in pat neshek, then they're just rubbing it in...

Just because the season is a complete loss, I think we should physically beat the Twink's ass. They beat us at baseball, we brutalize them. Just as long as we are not expecting Dye to start it. The Twinks could drill him in the ear, piss on him, then fornicate with his mother on the scoreboard and JD would just put his head down and trot to first.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
Couldn't the same thing been said about the Twins after the Garza start? All he really had was a fastball that got rocked? Is that the best they could do?

The circumstances are different because of the possibility Buehrle/Contreras are dealt. Atleast one, maybe two, starters from within will probably be in the rotation next season. Even if Garza falls off a cliff, there's always Liriano to look forward to. And that Santana guy anchoring the rotation.

Another difference is Garza's minor league resume is far more impressive than Floyds. I'm atleast willing to believe Garza can turn himself around, whereas Floyd has been more of an enegma for the better part of two years.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
Thanks for the heads up Heads...

I suspect either...

A. BA has been traded to Florida for one of their young RPs

or

B. Dye is gone.

Crossing my fingers for B :pray

If Dye was gone you'd think they'd pull Sweeney.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
Thanks for the heads up Heads...

I suspect either...

A. BA has been traded to Florida for one of their young RPs

or

B. Dye is gone.

Crossing my fingers for B :pray

Or he could be injured.

Where's our Morneau?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
The circumstances are different because of the possibility Buehrle/Contreras are dealt. Atleast one, maybe two, starters from within will probably be in the rotation next season. Even if Garza falls off a cliff, there's always Liriano to look forward to. And that Santana guy anchoring the rotation.

Another difference is Garza's minor league resume is far more impressive than Floyds. I'm atleast willing to believe Garza can turn himself around, whereas Floyd has been more of an enegma for the better part of two years.

1 - Will Liriano fully recover from his surgery and be the same pitcher he was last season?

2 - Will Santana be in Minny next season?

2 - Floyd's number in AAA were better than Garza's this season IIRC. That tells me something there.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:18 PM)
Or he could be injured.

Where's our Morneau?

MILB Gameday will usually say that though.

There was also one play in the last inning to him, a guy singled to him.

Of course there is a day game tomorrow, or you wouldn't think anyone would need to be pulled early to get to Chicago.

Or maybe it's just nothing...i just want some intrigue dammit.

minnesota won't ever win a ring, atleast not any time soon. the division is not only too stacked nowadays, but they can't keep their talent. the real reason though is the twins are always regular season champs only to wind up getting swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. they just can't win in October for whatever reason.