Redmond's injury

Outside of the comebacker to the face Bryce Florie took for the Red Sox and the 2 injuries that lefty Saunders suffered for Tampa Bay, that was about the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a baseball game. I'm glad Redmond wasn't seriously hurt, he's lucky that wasn't the case.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
Outside of the comebacker to the face Bryce Florie took for the Red Sox and the 2 injuries that lefty Saunders suffered for Tampa Bay, that was about the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a baseball game. I'm glad Redmond wasn't seriously hurt, he's lucky that wasn't the case.

Ruben Mateo, Jason Kendall, Robin Ventura even Mike Mussina. Just to name a few.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Ruben Mateo, Jason Kendall, Robin Ventura even Mike Mussina. Just to name a few.

I forgot the Mussina one, but this one bothered me more than those other ones. With leg/knee injuries (Jermaine Dye in the playoffs for Oakland is another one), they are ugly but not life threatening. At the moment this happened I thought this could do serious and permanent damage to Redmond, so it bothered me more.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
DJ was talking about some catcher who took a broken bat shard into his neck. That has to be the most extreme.

That was Steve Yeager, who caught for the Dodgers. He also invented the neck guard -- after he almost died.