• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

please, hawk.

BA has eight homers in a band box.

Borchard hit the ball out in charlotte.

and Collaro is a 24 year old guy in AA. He's got 107 strikeouts and an on-base percentage of .311.

if we're counting on collaro, owens and sweeney in the outfield, we're in last place for sure

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
I wonder if D'Angelo Jiminez is available.... i hear he still has 2 tools left.... and really changed his attitude.

He was 1-21 coming into today, I believe. The funny thing is he was putting up amazing numbers in AAA...just like my old pal Timo, who I really miss.

way to get a 1 2 3 inning there.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Please, no more God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. It's for Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

That being said, this guy is good.

do they only do it on Sundays?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
He was 1-21 coming into today, I believe. The funny thing is he was putting up amazing numbers in AAA...just like my old pal Timo, who I really miss.

We need to get Timo, D'LO. and Julio Ramirez back for a reunion and then designate them all for assignment.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
What if Epstein were more willing to give in to KW's demands of 2 top prospects and a 3rd good prospect if the Sox were willing to take that s*** contract off Theo's hands? Would that still be a fireable offense?

Lugo would have negative value from Boston's end.

Yes it would. I've long said I would have no problem if the Sox are also getting Ellsburry and Bucholtz or something along those lines.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
Please, no more God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. It's for Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

That being said, this guy is good.

I disagree. We do both at every Yankees game and I think it's a nice tribute, especially considering what is still going on in the world. It only takes an extra minute and they still do Take Me Out to the Ballgame right after.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Why do I have this sinking feeling that KW is gonna get s*** for Buehrle? God what an awful situation.

You and I are similiar in our emotions, but just take a step back and let things happen. Worrying about it right now isn't going to help anything.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
He was pretty sick last year...... won the silver slugger at 2B..... his glove is below average .... but i think he is still maturing and will hit 30 HR some day at 2nd base.

'05: .297/.320/.458/.778

'06: .342/.365/.525/.890

'07: .272/.312/.414/.726

He's walked a grand total of 49 times in his career which has led to an IsoD (OBP-AVG) of 27 which is absolutely terrible. His power has actually disappeared altogether this season, he only has 5 HRs and his doubles (according to MLB.com) have mainly been ground balls down the lines, not a lot of drives deep into the gaps.

So he doesn't walk, doesn't hit for much power, gives you a nice average, plays poor defense and has average speed. I'd rather just find a poor defensive, semi-athletic LF and stick him at 2B. He'd be cheaper to acquire and could give you similar production.