Futures Game Thread

danman31

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
De Los Santos has got a wicked breaking ball.

I wouldn't call it wicked. It sort of seems like he's throwing a slurve as opposed to a hard slider or a straight curve. Not saying that's a bad thing...

Looks like he's got a good fastball, though. Good movement.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
They said Jeter has below average power for a shortstop, I looked it up and the past couple of years that's true but I didn't realize he is approaching 2300 hits already and he just turned 33. He'll probably make it to 3000.

He is on a faster pace than Pete Rose. The guy is freaking amazing.

If he can get that breaking ball down a little more, as in below the knees, he will be solid as hell. Probably will need to add an offspeed pitch though; that fastball-slider would be outstanding out of the pen, but isn't doing much in the rotation.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
If he can get that breaking ball down a little more, as in below the knees, he will be solid as hell. Probably will need to add an offspeed pitch though; that fastball-slider would be outstanding out of the pen, but isn't doing much in the rotation.

That was major league bullpen stuff right now.... certainly better than some of the guys we've got out there right now. I'm looking at you Masset and Buckvich.

But like you said, he'll need three pitches to be a starter at the majors, and we didn't see one there. He'll get by all the way through the minors with those two pitches though.