Mark Buehrle Agrees to 4-yr, 56 mil with escalator clause

Brian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
Buehrle is quite the jokester! He did the same thing earlier this week when he cleaned out his locker!

I'm sure we'll find out more soon, but I wouldn't rule out that this was planned all along, and everything in the press has been bogus over the last few days.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Not quite sure why I'm being singled-out here. I've wanted them to sign him, but after what we read yesterday, it didn't seem like he was in the plans. I'm thrilled for reasons on and off the field, and it immediately makes our future for the next 5 years better.

Just teasin, its a great day today and for once its good to be wrong about something. And Im not only talking about you, i thought he was gone too

For all the misery that has been White Sox baseball this season, the last two days have been completely freaking awesome. We come back from getting woodshedded on Friday and put scoreboard on the Twins ass in back to back games coming off that ugly double header. We get two masterful starts from Buehrle and Javy...and then we resign our ace.

This is why we love baseball...even amidst a miserable season, there is something to be ecstatic about.

Kudos to Sox brass for getting this deal done and having Mark continuing on with his career in Chicago simply has me on cloud9...I was so scared he'd be dealt and worse of all, dealt for crap.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
So it's a $19M player option if he's traded? That's the only way to get to $75M from $56M. Not consistent with what we heard yesterday..

eh, maybe the news about the sox rejecting the 17mil was just that... they wanted him to get more $$ if he got traded

:bang

this is a great way to finish the first half of the season, with a good win over a team that has our number(and whooped our butts in the first two games) and signing Mark for 4 more years. Im going to hold on to a little optimism about the second half :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
That's just awesome!!!! Now trade Contreras, Dye, etc., and keep Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez, and Danks together. Thank you JR and Kenny....and Mrs. Buehrle and soon-to-be-born baby Buehrle.

You will not have the money. garland will go now. he will not be resigned.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
I doubt he'll be willing to sign a deal in the White Sox price Range. I can't see him taking a discount similar to the one Buehrle took and I can't see the Sox agreeing to a 5 year $70M+ deal like he'll be looking for.

Otoh, his last extension was much lower than anyone thought it could be. I doubt it too, but it's possible.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
I doubt he'll be willing to sign a deal in the White Sox price Range. I can't see him taking a discount similar to the one Buehrle took and I can't see the Sox agreeing to a 5 year $70M+ deal like he'll be looking for.

Agreed. garland is now the best trading chip. Trade him now. He can bring back big things.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
At least KW and crew dont have to worry about Aboz leading the torch and pitchfork brigade at soxfest over this.

:lolhitting

I doubt I would have had any trouble getting others to join the brigade.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Agreed. garland is now the best trading chip. Trade him now. He can bring back big things.

If the Mets want to give up Pelfrey/Humber + Milledge, then trade them Garland.