Mark Buehrle Agrees to 4-yr, 56 mil with escalator clause

Brian

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can only hope so.

Or maybe he's injured and we dodged a bullet O_o

BTW, quickman, pull the stick out of your ass, please. I can't stand it when people always have to be negative. One of the cornerstones of our organization has been resigned to a long, cheap deal. Smile, for Christ's sake.

Edited by TheBigHurt

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
I'M WRONG, I'M AN IDIOT, EVERYBODY MAKE FUN OF ME, I DON'T CARE!!!

THANK GOD we kept Mark, this had to be done. That makes my f***ing week. Thanks for taking the discount, #56.

REINSDORF IS CHEAP!

GUYZ, MIRITE?

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
Way to be up on things, Steve Phillips.

:lol: I hate that man with a passion.

KW confirming that Buehrle is back and that an official announcement will be made later today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
KW and Minaya are sitting next to each other at the Futures game.

If it happens, that would be fine. However, I don't see them trading Garland on the day they bring back Buehrle.

KW is talking on espn2 right now.

agreed, but you know something is coming. has too.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
agreed, but you know something is coming. has too.

I think it's more likely it would be Contreras in the next few weeks, and then Garland during the offseason.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
What'd Phillips do?

Asking KW about Buehrle possibly being traded just as the bottom line thing keeps saying Buehrle has agreed to an extension.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
Or maybe he's injured and we dodged a bullet O_o

BTW, quickman, pull the stick out of your ass, please. I can't stand it when people always have to be negative. One of the cornerstones of our organization has been resigned to a long, cheap deal. Smile, for Christ's sake.

I understand your message, and I am smiling, but I disagree he is a cornerstone. He is OK, but no ace. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
I think it's more likely it would be Contreras in the next few weeks, and then Garland during the offseason.

Asking KW about Buehrle possibly being traded just as the bottom line thing keeps saying Buehrle has agreed to an extension.

I agree, you maybe right, but this team is going nowhere this year, why not maximize the return and trade him now?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)

Garland would have more value going to a team in a pennant race. If he is not traded during this season, he'll be here next year, and I do not expect him to be shipped off. I would say it is 75% that Count is gawn!

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
I agree, you maybe right, but this team is going nowhere this year, why not maximize the return and trade him now?

Because KW and Ozzie honestly believe this team could put up a big 2nd half.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
Keep an eye on Hu's cap.

I would freaking love Hu. The more I've watched him the more I consider him an athletic version of Iguchi (and I consider that a very good thing) who happens to play SS. God I'd want Hu. If the Sox can work out a deal with the Dodgers and Mets I'd be a very very happy person (I just don't know who the heck the Sox would deal, LOL).

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)

Wouldn't you say that it's important to have someone to build around in the rotation, regardless? There's still the window where he can be traded, and despite the escalator clause, there's still that opportunity to move him.

Plus, wouldn't he command more in a deal knowing that during that time where there is no NTC, that he will be locked up?