Harry Potter Thread

Soxy

So, the last book is getting released in, what a week and a half? And the movie comes out this week. I know I'm not the only one that's excited. . .

This was in the NYT Op-Ed section yesterday, and I enjoyed it immensely. Thought I would pass it along.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the first four movies for the first time in June, and I enjoyed them immensely.

I plan on seeing the fifth sometime soon (probably this week), and then I will be borrowing a friend's copy of the sixth book and eventually the seventh. I know it's not the best way to follow this story, but I'm having fun w/ it anyways.

I'm looking forward to it as well. I hope I can keep away from spoilers, though. I'm re-reading all the books and I'm a little behind where I had planned to be (Book 4). I can wait for the movie to come out on DVD, which I'm sure will be in time for the Christmas season.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 12:11 PM)
I enjoyed the books, and was a fan of the movies until the last one came out. I thought that one was just poorly done. There was just too much jumping around with the story (still bought the DVD though).

Lol most people consider the last movie the best of the bunch :bang

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
That depends on how fast you read, silly.

The Scholastic US edition will run 784 pages. about 90 pages less than Order of the Phoenix.

Psht, that's nothing! I should be done by dinnertime on Saturday. . .

Thank you Flaxx.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
My wife is going to the movie tonight, while I am on Madison patrol.

When do you get to go?

I'm handing in my stupid mfing comps at 5 on Friday then I am going go see the movie. I'm very excited.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
When do you get to go?

I'm handing in my stupid mfing comps at 5 on Friday then I am going go see the movie. I'm very excited.

I'll probably see it when it comes out on DVD. I like the series, but I am not a HUGE fan. I saw the last one on DVD as well.