Pods/Erstad Updates

Chisoxfn

Not ready yet

It doesn't appear Darin Erstad (ankle) or Scott Podsednik (strained oblique muscle) will leave the disabled list by Thursday's game in Baltimore.

Erstad said he would go to Baltimore to work out and "at some point in about 10 days after the break" decide when he will go on a short minor-league rehab assignment.

"I still have pain, but it's better than when I came back before," he said. Erstad returned from the DL for one inning on June 22 before reinjuring the ankle.

I was very dissapointed to see that Erstad and Pods are still not ready to come off the DL. It sounds like Erstad may or may not be back within the next 12 or so days (assuming if at some point in the next 10 he goes on a short 4 game rehab assignment of sorts) and there was no more info on Pods.

I was hoping both would come back and play in about 10 games before the trade deadline as both could add value to a contending club (maybe not as key pieces, but as the small pieces that could provide some valuable late inning base running or defense down the stretch). I would think both would be assets on NL ball clubs that are in contention (based on how many more substitutions happen) but both could help an AL club as well.

In terms of prospects, I am thinking AAAA type players (who maybe can make it in a pen) or lower level guys that won't be in the majors for some time (if ever). Obviously we are not talking about getting a top 10 prospect in the org so this type of move is the type where you really put it on your scouts to find guys in a system that you think have some potential if they can make a couple changes.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
anyone know the exact # of times this lineup was used in 2007?

LF- Podsednik

CF- Erstad

DH- Thome

1B- Konerko

RF- Dye

2B- Iguchi

3B- Crede

C- Pierzynski

SS- Uribe

it has to be under 20.

i would be suprised if its a positive integer

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
anyone know the exact # of times this lineup was used in 2007?

LF- Podsednik

CF- Erstad

DH- Thome

1B- Konerko

RF- Dye

2B- Iguchi

3B- Crede

C- Pierzynski

SS- Uribe

it has to be under 20.

Never, this is the closest one, used 4 times. Pods has only played 19 games, so under 20 was a pretty good bet if you got any takers.

Podsednik

Erstad

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Crede

Pierzynski

Iguchi

Uribe