Official Recruiting Thread II

OSU's 2011 FB class is looking stacked

Jeff Heuerman had offers from more than a dozen Bowl Championship Series schools and narrowed his choices to Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Tennessee. The 6-foot-5, 230-pounder expected more offers to come, but after his trip to Columbus, he was sold on the Buckeyes.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
Yeah, that's a dumb rumor. He signed the LOI and all accounts state he was more than happy to sign it.

That was before the Hoiberg hire. But still, don't expect anything to change.

Iowa looks like they might have there strongest recruiting class in Ferentz history. It is early to say with only 2 commits on board but they seem to be high on a lot of pretty good recruits lists. We shall see. Another strong season would go a long way because winning helps!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Iowa looks like they might have there strongest recruiting class in Ferentz history. It is early to say with only 2 commits on board but they seem to be high on a lot of pretty good recruits lists. We shall see. Another strong season would go a long way because winning helps!

He's gotta keep up. OSU has 10 already including 5 4 stars and 1 5 star.

So.....

1. Ben Brust de-commits from Iowa

2. Big Ten says he can not accept a scholarship from other B10 school and play right away

3. Big Ten reverses decision

4. Sounds like Brust on the verge of heading to Wisconsin

To be Continued....

Brust to Wisconsin is official. Will be interesting to see how he fits in there cuz he likes to play more up tempo but between he and Dukan, Badgers got a couple of scorers.

I've been trying to learn as much as possible on the Kadeem Jack kid that looks to be very close to skiping his planed prep school year to head to UNC since the twins have left. From what I've gathered he has only played about 4 years organized basketball and had some big time numbers in big time tournaments this year against top big men. Seem as a 4 star type with a big up side from scouts. Already top notch rebounder and shot blocker, who scored about 15 a game in NYC area.

Anybody else who may have seen him play? It seems that UNC offered this weekend, and now Jack has officially said he has/is reconsidering his previous decision to attend a prep school next year.

Mycheal Henry from Chicago Orr to Illinois (class of 2011). Really good SF prospect. The depth in the 2011 class in Illinois is just ridiculous, Blackshear and Anthony Davis are likely top 20 players, and then you have Egwu and Randle who are very likely top 50 players and additionally you have Abrams, Sam Thompson, Henry, Boatright and Mike Shaw who are all top 100 players. And I am likely forgetting someone.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 10, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
Mycheal Henry from Chicago Orr to Illinois (class of 2011). Really good SF prospect. The depth in the 2011 class in Illinois is just ridiculous, Blackshear and Anthony Davis are likely top 20 players, and then you have Egwu and Randle who are very likely top 50 players and additionally you have Abrams, Sam Thompson, Henry, Boatright and Mike Shaw who are all top 100 players. And I am likely forgetting someone.

You should of forgotten Sam Thompson.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 10, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
You should of forgotten Sam Thompson.

Way too much of a freak athlete to not be a top 100 type player. My (slightly homer) list would be something like 1. Blackshear 2. Davis (haven't seen him, but until I see otherwise I guess I'll buy into the hype) 3. Egwu 4. Randle 5. Henry 6. Abrams 7/8. Shaw/Thompson (both have the potential to be NBA players, but neither has produced anywhere near the level their talent level suggests they should) 9. Boatright.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 10, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)

I only see 1 in the top 50 and 2 in the top 100. Where are you getting your rankings?

AH now I see you were talking about the state of Ill, not the school.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
I only see 1 in the top 50 and 2 in the top 100. Where are you getting your rankings?

AH now I see you were talking about the state of Ill, not the school.

Yeah, out of the Illinois commits Mycheal Henry isn't ranked yet but I expect him to be in the 50-100 range. But regardless of where he was ranked the fact that he had an offer from Wisconsin with Ryan's eye for talent and had offers from Baylor and Georgetown makes me feel real good about him. Especially since I have seen him play and I like his game, particularly the fact that he is a really good shooter.

And Anthony Davis who I listed isn't ranked right now because he didn't play AAU ball last year and plays at a tiny HS that plays crap competition but he has blown up and will likely be a top 25 type player. As of now it sounds like Memphis, Illinois and Syracuse are among favorites but it is way too early to know with him since he has basically only been recruited for a couple of weeks. If he is as good as the hype I would be shocked if he isn't heavily recruited and that some of the big boys get involved.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
Ryan was the first to offer Henry (I believe). Ryan has been pretty good at spotting talent with his early offers, he just hasnt landed many of them.

He has a ridiculous eye. He was all over Turner way before many of the other schools.

Edited by RockRaines

The Jack kid replacing one of the Wear twins looks pretty good even with Kentucky coming hard after him now as well. I've heard that the Heels may give a senior transfer from Alabama named Knox the other spot. He graduated already in 3 years, so he would not have to sit out a year, and the Heels would be only locked into him for this year as another big body with experience.

Kevin Noreen is the other possible name that has come up. Low school division in Minnesota with big numbers more of a scorer type. Offers from Indiana, Oklahoma, etc. type schools to this point. Seemed like he was going to choose Boston College until their coaching change. Some "possible" interest from UNC. Not sure how serious with this one though.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Marcus Thornton is the latest name to get some level of considereation by the Heels since the Wear twins transfer. He de-committed from Clemson when Purnell left to take the DePaul job. He is only 6'7, but is getting a look-see by the Heels it seems.

Lots of great teams down in Bloomington,IN this week for the AMC. Lots of Big Ten targets playing well. Eron Gordon, EJ's little brother is in 6th grade and playing up with the 15 year olds. According to EJ, Eron is better at this age than him. Little Zellers stock also continues to rise.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
Marcus Thornton is the latest name to get some level of considereation by the Heels since the Wear twins transfer. He de-committed from Clemson when Purnell left to take the DePaul job. He is only 6'7, but is getting a look-see by the Heels it seems.

It seems that Noreen & Thorton both would be inelegible for any ACC team for their freshman year, since they signed a letter of intent with another ACC team (Clemson & Boston College) before getting their unconditional release. Seems like Knox & Jack are not only UNC's first choices, but really their only choices for some big bodies to help fill in on the front line next year.

Edited by JuiceCruz16