Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
Michigan gets RB Dee Hart out of my alma mater of Dr Phillips tonight. The guy is a flat out stud. He is having a video game like season this year. Good pick up for the Wolverines.

Very good pickup. Very good.

Now if we can find a way to steal Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix from Bama and get him to join Hart. He is supposed to be coming back up with Hart, QB Nick Patti, Roderick Ryles and a few other FL players for either the Iowa or Wisconsin games. I'm thinking Wisky but can't recall for sure off the top of my head. FSU commit Karlos Williams has said he plans to visit Michigan as well. Sammy Watkins and Dallas Crawford are supposed to be coming in for the Iowa game on an unofficial visit. I would think there is some interest if they are coming on their own dime.

Many of these guys are lonshots, but if we keep winning it certainly increases our chances.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)

Now if we can find a way to steal Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix from Bama and get him to join Hart. He is supposed to be coming back up with Hart, QB Nick Patti, Roderick Ryles and a few other FL players for either the Iowa or Wisconsin games. I'm thinking Wisky but can't recall for sure off the top of my head. FSU commit Karlos Williams has said he plans to visit Michigan as well. Sammy Watkins and Dallas Crawford are supposed to be coming in for the Iowa game on an unofficial visit. I would think there is some interest if they are coming on their own dime.

Many of these guys are lonshots, but if we keep winning it certainly increases our chances.

That was a huge get for Michigan, pulling him away from Alabama. You guys can steal as many from Bama as you want - the more, the better.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 01:05 AM)
That was a huge get for Michigan, pulling him away from Alabama. You guys can steal as many from Bama as you want - the more, the better.

I didn't figure you'd have a problem with that. lol

Hart has pretty much been Michigan's to lose for 2 years. It should never have dragged out as long as it has.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 03:30 AM)
I didn't figure you'd have a problem with that. lol

Hart has pretty much been Michigan's to lose for 2 years. It should never have dragged out as long as it has.

He probably wanted the free trips which I cant blame a 17/18 year old kid for wanting. Might as well enjoy the courtships while you can.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)

Patti is looking like a really good prospect but I dont know if he's the QB Rodriquez really wants. Patti looks more of a conventional drop back passer would has some mobility but not a legit threat to run at the next level. You just named 4 guys from Dr Phillips. If we dont make it to the state title game then that will be a mega failure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
Interesting follow up on the Perrea story

http://www.post-trib.com/sports/2808914,mhutton-1017.article

It seems like he's pretty much IU's to lose, but this article almost makes it seem that Perea has already committed to the Hoosiers, and I haven't read that anywhere. Anyone know something about it I apparently don't?

Sun-Times and Tribune reporting Mike Shaw to announce Thursday with both having sources that say Illinois. If they can pull Shaw and then nab Randle, that would be an amazing class despite not getting the top two in Illinois (even though Illinois was never really in those recruiting races).

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
Sun-Times and Tribune reporting Mike Shaw to announce Thursday with both having sources that say Illinois. If they can pull Shaw and then nab Randle, that would be an amazing class despite not getting the top two in Illinois (even though Illinois was never really in those recruiting races).

WEBER CAN'T RECRUIT!!!!!

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
Heard from a good source that he and Shaw to Illinois which would just be massive for Weber.

That would be huge. If he pulls in that kind of class, 2009-2011 have to be the best set of recruiting classes ever for the program. Tons of talent up and down the roster.

Heard from a good source that he and Shaw to Illinois which would just be massive for Weber.

I still think he is going to Stanford, but I won't be pissed about him spurning Illinois because he and his family have gone about the recruiting process the right way. If he goes to Stanford how could anyone blame him? It's not like the Anthony Davis situation where you know stuff went down.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
That would be huge. If he pulls in that kind of class, 2009-2011 have to be the best set of recruiting classes ever for the program. Tons of talent up and down the roster.

And then 2012, they will get one guy. But in 2013/2014, they are already making great in-roads in the Illinois player, which will likely be five or six 5-star talents in the classes combined. Scary, the best could still be yet to come.

I hope you are right but if I could only choose one give me Shaw. I think Randle is the better player right now but Shaw has more upside and Illinois needs a PF a lot more than a combo guard. I still really want Randle, but with Paul, Head, Richardson, Abrams, Henry and Bertrand he is more a luxury recruit than a necessity.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
PG- Tracy Abrams, #80 nationally

SG- Chasson Randle, #55 nationally

SF- Mychael Henry, #86 nationally

PF- Mike Shaw, #66 nationally

C- Nnanna Egwu, #82 nationally

Could be quite the class.

whats that from? Most lists i've seen have randle/shaw in the 30-40 range and henry in the 40-50 range. Abrams was pretty high too for a while.

Randle could choose Stanford, and if that is the case, Shaw will be weighing his options more, but my buddy still thins he will choose Illinois.

I'm curious what the deal with Shaw is. At first he was rumored to go where Blackshear went and now where Randle could go. Can't the kid think on his own. His best move would be Illinois right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Randle could choose Stanford, and if that is the case, Shaw will be weighing his options more, but my buddy still thins he will choose Illinois.

I'm curious what the deal with Shaw is. At first he was rumored to go where Blackshear went and now where Randle could go. Can't the kid think on his own. His best move would be Illinois right now.

Shaw's decision has nothing to do with Randle's decision. Shaw announced he was making his decision Monday before he even knew Randle was deciding. And as far as I know the two of them aren't even good friends. They aren't from the same area and never played together in AAU ball.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)

It's reported recently that the press conference is invite-only, which to me points to him selecting Stanford.