Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
Woo, ISU gets the top 2014 Iowa recruit, Allen Lazard. He said he picked ISU over Ohio State, LSU, Alabama and Nebraska. Only know of the Nebraska offer being confirmed, but still a heck of a get.

http://247sports.com/Player/Allen-Lazard-21011

Wow, 247Sports has him as a top 100 player overall in the class. That is two 4-star commitments in the past week for Iowa State (Jake Campos), Paul Rhoads is really starting to recruit well now.

Go Clones!

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
http://247sports.com/Player/Allen-Lazard-21011

Wow, 247Sports has him as a top 100 player overall in the class. That is two 4-star commitments in the past week for Iowa State (Jake Campos), Paul Rhoads is really starting to recruit well now.

Go Clones!

Rivals Midwest guy has him as the best WR hes seen.

For the love of god find someone to get it to him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
Woo, ISU gets the top 2014 Iowa recruit, Allen Lazard. He said he picked ISU over Ohio State, LSU, Alabama and Nebraska. Only know of the Nebraska offer being confirmed, but still a heck of a get.

He's not on my radar so dont think OSU offered him.

I see his offers as Iowa St, Iowa and Nebraska.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
I'm pretty high on Rohach. Do you think ISU redshirts Lazard?

Impossible to know, but I'd be a little surprised.

I see one of Rohach or Richardson starting next year.

And Rock, I know he visited Columbus, but I think you're right, not sure they ever offered.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 8, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
Got to see Tyler Ulis from Marian Catholic. Holy cow, maybe best PG in state. Picture Chris Paul in high school. He's averaging 26 pts, 5 boards, 5 assists, 5 steals and he is a junior. Iowa after him but he could end up somewhere bigger.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/beyond...ler-ulis-302991

He is too short I don't think that many schools better than Iowa or significantly better at least will offer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 08:08 AM)
BTW I wanted to pass on my tour of the DAC updates. I got to see Matt Holba last week finally. Kid is an athletic 6'6". He had a breakaway dunk where he got clobbered by the defender and still managed to throw it down after the run out. Also one to keep an eye on is Chris Palombizio, who is the son of a Mr Basketball from the 80's. He has a great shot, he is just a bit sloppy. Both are playing varsity for Chesterton as true freshmen. Holba needs to put on some size, but he has a nice post game to go with some great athleticism.

Also want to throw out on Lake Central Soph Tyler Wideman, that he reminds me a lot of a Zach Randolph of the same age. He has an NBA body already, and the downside is he seems to have Randolphs attitude. He pouts, he takes plays off, and he dominates when he has the ball. He can't be played 1 on 1. He is 6'8" and probably in the 250/260 area and just brutalizes HS kids in the post. He got deep post position anytime he wanted, and has pretty nice hops for his size.

Saw Holba again on Friday night. The kid really is a special athlete. He's worked on his outside game quite a bit, as well as his ballhandling.

Indiana lands Kristopher Smith (3* on Scout, 4* on ESPN), LB out of Georgia.

Haven't checked the numbers, but this has to be our best rated class by a landslide (not like that would take much). What's especially exciting is that most of the talent is on the defensive side of the ball, where we obviously need the most help. Hopefully these kids can produce. They'll get a chance to show their stuff right away, as Wilson isn't shy about playing freshmen.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
Indiana lands Kristopher Smith (3* on Scout, 4* on ESPN), LB out of Georgia.

Haven't checked the numbers, but this has to be our best rated class by a landslide (not like that would take much). What's especially exciting is that most of the talent is on the defensive side of the ball, where we obviously need the most help. Hopefully these kids can produce. They'll get a chance to show their stuff right away, as Wilson isn't shy about playing freshmen.

Sitting at #51 class nationally, 10th in conference, 2.86 star average.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
It's an improvement but I think they have to grab a top 100 for this class to be a jump.

Fair enough. Bottom line is that I'll gladly take this, especially if it's the start of an upward trend in getting better talent to play football in Bloomington.