Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
Guy I know who is close to the situation and following it predicts Cliff and Lyle to Kansas because they're offering "the most". Wink wink. No surprise to anyone.

f*** it, I don't want to give the guy a dime. Not what Illinois needs to be about.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 11:27 PM)
I interact with Big Cliff on somewhat of a regular basis and will try my darnedest to convince him to go to DePaul...definitely not holding my breath though :/

Be pragmatic and push for Illinois.

At least tell him that should be his second choice, which would mean he will choose Illinois

Goodluck Okonoboh will make his choice today. Down to IU, tOSU, and UNLV. It seemed like it was IU all the way, but then I saw Evan Daniels say it's probably going to be Ohio State. Now this morning Meyer changes his crystal ball to UNLV. Hard to tell where he will go.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
Sounds like Trevon Blueitt is decommitting from UCLA. Are kids from Indiana just raised to not honor their commitments?

Whoa that's weird since his former high school coach is an assistant at UCLA.

Kid didn't even know the name of the university (University of Las Vegas) and couldn't come up with an answer when asked why he picked UNLV. Could have just been the cameras in his face making him nervous. Luckily for him, he won't have to worry about being on TV at UNLV.

On to the next one. Hoosier Hysteria tonight, with Devin Robinson and Malachi Richardson (2nd visit in 3 weeks) in town.

I did the same early last week with the two talking to another OSU fan. I don't know much about Elbert, although I've heard he's huge. Would have liked to pick up Okonoboh, but it seems he and Perea would be pretty redundant.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 08:06 AM)
I did the same early last week with the two talking to another OSU fan. I don't know much about Elbert, although I've heard he's huge. Would have liked to pick up Okonoboh, but it seems he and Perea would be pretty redundant.

He chose UNLV over playing in the Big Ten. Not much else you can do there.

Robinson is big. Our first choice probably is Turner, but it looks like he may be Kansas-bound. We were in on Turner real early so I was hoping that would help.