Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
DePaul makes no sense for Cliff. Illinois will at least be in a win-soonish mode. DePaul will still be terrible.

The only way it makes sense is for a guy who wants to be the "man" and the savior all at the same time. Look at a guy like Rose who won't lower himself to recruiting other guys.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
The only way it makes sense is for a guy who wants to be the "man" and the savior all at the same time. Look at a guy like Rose who won't lower himself to recruiting other guys.

He'd be that guy at Illinois with a decent group surrounding him though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:14 AM)

Turning around DePaul would be much bigger than anything he could do at Illinois. Granted it won't happen, but if the kid actually believes it is a possibility, it doesn't really matter what reality is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:14 AM)

Correct.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
Turning around DePaul would be much bigger than anything he could do at Illinois. Granted it won't happen, but if the kid actually believes it is a possibility, it doesn't really matter what reality is.

I get what you are saying, but he'll have a chance to mildly turn around a program for one year, or possibly be the guy that really helps turn Illinois into a national power again, possible FF/NC possibilities, etc. Illinois isn't Depaul, but it isn't Kansas either. What he can accomplish at Illinois is much larger, it's just that Depaul is much lower starting out.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)
Correct.

I get what you are saying, but he'll have a chance to mildly turn around a program for one year, or possibly be the guy that really helps turn Illinois into a national power again, possible FF/NC possibilities, etc. Illinois isn't Depaul, but it isn't Kansas either. What he can accomplish at Illinois is much larger, it's just that Depaul is much lower starting out.

The problem is who knows what is going on in this kids head, and who has his ear. 17 year olds are strange beasts.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
Also:

Taylor Rooks Sports @ImTaylorRooks

Speaking with Cliff Alexander now about the "choosing between Illinois and DePaul" rumor. Says that it is "not true." @humblekid11

He also said the no unofficial visit to MSU rumor wasn't true....and then he didn't make an unofficial visit and dropped MSU from his list.

After every rumors about Big Cliff, Rooks is super quick to get Cliff's reaction. It's actually hilarious at times.

It's becoming dirty outside of Cliff. Recruiting reporters accusing Taylor, who is an intern, of getting info from Cliff a certain way.

Totally false and an uncalled for accusation jus because he got scooped.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 03:43 AM)

Groce on a roll with 3 top 50 kids in less than 2 months. Williams is the first Simeon kid to EVER commit before his senior season. That is so huge for future recruiting at the best school in the state.

I also love this:

Illinois is also recruiting 2015 guard Charles Matthews from St. Rita, a close friend of Williams. “I told my brother Charles I’m going to be on him to come down there with me,” Williams said. “Him and Diamond Stone, those are going to be the first two I get on.” Stone is a 6-10, five-star center from Milwaukee.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-...s-illinois.html

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
Groce on a roll with 3 top 50 kids in less than 2 months. Williams is the first Simeon kid to EVER commit before his senior season. That is so huge for future recruiting at the best school in the state.

I also love this:

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-...s-illinois.html

That isn't entirely true. Nunn actually committed to Texas A&M before his senior year. Of course he didn't end up there but still.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
Cliff is apparently going to Kansas this weekend. His GF's team plays their first game. These next 10 days are gonna suck.

But I was told KU had no connection to Cliff!!

Charles Mathews is a stud. He and Brunson are my favorite juniors in Illinois.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)
But I was told KU had no connection to Cliff!!

Charles Mathews is a stud. He and Brunson are my favorite juniors in Illinois.

I never said that Brian. I said I don't believe there's anything concrete and that most speculation is "because it's KU". I stand by that. Try again. Let's here more about your "inside" info. Is Lyle going to join him this weekend?!

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
I never said that Brian. I said I don't believe there's anything concrete and that most speculation is "because it's KU". I stand by that. Try again. Let's here more about your "inside" info. Is Lyle going to join him this weekend?!

I know nothing about Lyle. I only follow Chicago kids.

And an offer is enough to connect anyone to a school. Plus his multiple visits. Or is an offer not "concrete" enough?

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
I know nothing about Lyle. I only follow Chicago kids.

And an offer is enough to connect anyone to a school. Plus his multiple visits. Or is an offer not "concrete" enough?

It was in reference to Kansas being massive favorites for him according to just about everyone. Well, they are no long huge favorites, and apparently not the favorite at all anymore so it is moot.

Also, On Scout Premium, they said KU not feeling good about Cliff. Really had to push him to come to get one last word in. Hopefully good news for Illinois.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood