Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Bolded the most important part of your post. Its not like that anymore. With nationally televised decisions and multiple recruit ranking websites the game has changed. Until someone signs their LOI its free game. And recruits particularly HATE when coaches completely back off once they've committed. "Now since I said I was coming there you dont care about me or come to any of my games? Coach X says I will always be important to him, now im thinking about flipping."

If 90% of coaches/programs out there follow that rule, and a small minority don't, it's clear the small minority are being dirty/shady. They have no class anymore. I mean, it's Pitino, so that fits, but still.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
If 90% of coaches/programs out there follow that rule, and a small minority don't, it's clear the small minority are being dirty/shady. They have no class anymore. I mean, it's Pitino, so that fits, but still.

Its been that way in football for a long time and it only makes sense that in the last several years its trickled over into bball. As soon as one and done's that can win your titles started becoming hot commodities, this is how its been done. Until a kid signs on the dotted line, you keep that relationship in case something happens.

If Snider re-initiated contact with LOU, then he just changed his mind. You're not going to hang up on a kid.

If Snider was perfectly happy going to UIUC and Pitino started calling him to see if he would change his mind, I don't consider that really ethical behavior. There are less ethical things you can do than that, for sure, but to me that's where it becomes likely that you aren't doing the right thing for the kid anymore.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Personally, I'm most upset with Snider's dad. His dad should've handled all of this with more class.

IMO, the parents shouldnt make any statements, especially ones like "we are solid." Thats what makes them look like assholes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
So almost everyone now I saw has Okafor to Duke. Anyone have any last min info on this?

The OSU bball board is so incredibly light on any of these recruits.

I'm seeing the same but not paying attention to it anymore.

If Jahlil goes Duke, I would guess Cliff to Kansas for now. Could change in 5 mins.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
I'm seeing the same but not paying attention to it anymore.

If Jahlil goes Duke, I would guess Cliff to Kansas for now. Could change in 5 mins.

Sometimes the spurned programs leak info, so maybe we'll know sooner rather than later.

So anyone familiar with the mid-year financial agreement they've put in place this year?

Essentially recruits in football can sign this agreement and the school is bound to them roughly 6 months before signing day. However, the kid can continue to look around and can decommit.

We've had 4 players already sign it this month. On the surface it seems to really be an advantage to the kid, HOWEVER it comes with one stipulation. Once a kid signs this agreement, the coach of that school can have unlimited access to communicate with the kid.

This applies right now to early enrollees only

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf...cruits/3010097/

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
Would not surprise me at all but I would be shocked if the guy that broke that story actually knows.

Marcus Jackson is hearing KU from his sources too apparently. That's definitely not a good sign.

It has been reported that Cliff hasn't notified the teams yet, so I guess there is still some hope, but not much.

What I had heard is that when KU realized they might not get Okafor, they put the full court press on Alexander. This has caused him to reconsider, but AFAIK nobody is too sure which way he will go. KU definitely telling people that they went hard after him in the past couple days and think they might get him

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
Jerry Meyer now saying latest buzz is Cliff to DePaul. None of these guys know anything with respect tot his recruitment. Alexander has done a remarkable job keeping this one under wraps.

It appears like he has done a remarkable job of feeding everyone BS to keep the rumor mill going. Outstanding job of public relations.

Brad on Rivals said that he still thinks it will be Illinois, but also says that there are no parties involved that know except Cliff and his mother. Everyone else is guessing, including the coaches.

Edited by Jake