Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he a one and done guy? The thing is, if you are a one and done guy don't you want to play for a team with a legit shot at the National Championship next year? I really don't think ILL can offer that, and DePaul definitely can't offer that right now. When you think about it, his choice was pretty obvious.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Is he a one and done guy? The thing is, if you are a one and done guy don't you want to play for a team with a legit shot at the National Championship next year? I really don't think ILL can offer that, and DePaul definitely can't offer that right now. When you think about it, his choice was pretty obvious.

Yes, 100% one and done.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2891157:date=Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:24 PM:name=Jenksismyb****)-->
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
<!--quotec-->Worst day in Illinois basketball history?

Meh, I agree with Bruce on the BTN special that the loss probably helped relieved some pressure. Plus it didn't cost them anything. Who remembers they lost 2 games instead of one that year?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
Tennesse State, UIC

Embarrassing, but every program has embarassing losses.

In 5 hours we went from being in contention again for a conference title/deep tourney run to still being a middle of the pack Big Ten team.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
Worst day in Illinois basketball history?

It's up there. There were some really, really bad days under Weber though. The 33 point Penn State game, the Nebraska debacle, and just his final years in general.

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel here. Groce has constructed a roster that wasn't reliant on hitting homeruns in this class to do solid. He's built a hell of a foundation in just two years. If we miss on Matthews then I'll start to worry that he might not ever get the blue chippers in Chicago.