Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
Now CPS is saying all players would've been eligible if proper paperwork was submitted. Whatever that means.

I don't get it either. You're not eligible unless you have a 2.0...unless you just fill out this ISP form?

I get a chuckle out of it, as Cliff was due for some bad karma.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 12:13 AM)
I don't get it either. You're not eligible unless you have a 2.0...unless you just fill out this ISP form?

Exactly. So if you have no plans to go to college, just skip school, get a GPA of 0.0 and get an ISP form signed. The CPL is awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
Jeremy Werner ‏@WernerESPNCU 4h

Cliff tells Sun-Times he wanted to go to #illini but thought Bill Self could get him to the NBA quicker than Groce. http://bit.ly/1jZ9NQ5

Anyone believe him?

Alexander doesn’t want to discuss the incident anymore. Oliver wants to set the record straight.

“I’m really upset with Illinois people,” Oliver said. “The hat trick was an honest mistake. That kid was so nervous he didn’t know what hat he was putting on. He lied to make it look like he wasn’t doing something stupid. That wasn’t Cliff. He made a mistake. He was nervous, so he told a lie, which is what children do.”

Oliver said that Alexander never had any ill will toward Illinois. In fact, Oliver said that an hour before the announcement, Alexander told him he wanted to go to Illinois, that.

“He talked to me that morning and said he wanted to go to Illinois,” said Oliver. “I don’t know what happened in that last hour.”

- See more at: http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_art...h.YOefsCc0.dpuf

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
Jeremy Werner ‏@WernerESPNCU 4h

Cliff tells Sun-Times he wanted to go to #illini but thought Bill Self could get him to the NBA quicker than Groce. http://bit.ly/1jZ9NQ5

You can get to the NBA quicker than one year?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
Anyone believe him?

Hahaha, does he really think anyone would believe that? There isn't one person, Illinois fan or not, that would believe he accidentally grabbed the wrong hat.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 05:25 AM)
Brandon Hutton from De La Salle chose Iowa over Wisconsin. Athletic and energetic. Sometimes out of control. Has his senior year to improve.

Hutton and Martez Cameron have been fun to watch. Great to see De still developing some high major talent, and their run to the CCL championship made this year enjoyable.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Hutton and Martez Cameron have been fun to watch. Great to see De still developing some high major talent, and their run to the CCL championship made this year enjoyable.

Karl Harris was really good the game I saw

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 30s

Temple forward Anthony Lee will transfer and be eligible next season. Sources told ESPN that Iowa St, Illinois, Marquette, Indiana in mix.

I saw a long list of teams. Those, plus Louisville, Ohio State, Florida. Who knows where he'll end up.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 18, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
I saw a long list of teams. Those, plus Louisville, Ohio State, Florida. Who knows where he'll end up.

We'll have open schollys and a need. At least he's not Rodney Hood, that hurt when he spurned us.