Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
Why is TN on that list?

Because Cuonzo has been recruiting the heck out of this kid from Day 1. Plus, he has lots of Midwest ties since he's from Illinois and played at Purdue.

Lyle won't go to UT, but I'm happy we could make the Final 4.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
Because Cuonzo has been recruiting the heck out of this kid from Day 1. Plus, he has lots of Midwest ties since he's from Illinois and played at Purdue.

Lyle won't go to UT, but I'm happy we could make the Final 4.

He might as well narrowed his list down to Louisville and Indiana, Hopefully Groce can close on Black and get something outside of Finke for the 14 class.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
He might as well narrowed his list down to Louisville and Indiana, Hopefully Groce can close on Black and get something outside of Finke for the 14 class.

I'm really interested to see which way they go. We've only really heard about Lyle, Alexander, and Black over the past 6 months. I wonder if they plan on banking a scholarship for 2015.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
I'm really interested to see which way they go. We've only really heard about Lyle, Alexander, and Black over the past 6 months. I wonder if they plan on banking a scholarship for 2015.

I'd love Cliff but we got on him later than Izzo and his stock just keeps on rising not feeling very hopeful about it but I think the one guy Illini have a good shot at is Black. The good thing is for next couple of years even without a stud prospect the team is pretty well put together and should be able to win regardless.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
I'd love Cliff but we got on him later than Izzo and his stock just keeps on rising not feeling very hopeful about it but I think the one guy Illini have a good shot at is Black. The good thing is for next couple of years even without a stud prospect the team is pretty well put together and should be able to win regardless.

I think Black is more likely, and while Alexander would be the statement recruit I think Black would contribute more (would definitely stay longer). So pretty much, I'd be stoked for either.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
Wes Lunt commits to Illinois. Between Lunt and Bailey Illinois actually is going to have a ton of talent at QB. Just need to work on basically every other position now.

Holy f***, that's huge. I'm shocked we actually got him. Wow.

Wes Lunt commits to Illinois. Between Lunt and Bailey Illinois actually is going to have a ton of talent at QB. Just need to work on basically every other position now.

Maybe we win a game in conference next year?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
Maybe we win a game in conference next year?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
He has to sit out a year right?

Wonder how this makes Bailey feel. I bet he was given the same pitch about turning the program around.

Yeah, he does.

I'm wondering if Bailey turns into a WR now. Who knows.

I feel much more comfortable with Lunt tossing passes than Bailey, someone who didn't throw much in HS. He's a playmaker, but not quite sure if he'll be a good QB.

Including Head Coach.

Still think Lyle ends up at Louisville. Really want Exum and that looks really good right now for Indiana. IU jumped into Leron Blacks recruitment with two feet and he's already planning a visit. The religion factor is huge here and he loves Crean already. Blackmon, Exum, Okonoboh, and Black looks like a real, real possibility.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Still think Lyle ends up at Louisville. Really want Exum and that looks really good right now for Indiana. IU jumped into Leron Blacks recruitment with two feet and he's already planning a visit. The religion factor is huge here and he loves Crean already. Blackmon, Exum, Okonoboh, and Black looks like a real, real possibility.

You stay away from Black!

Illinois has a great chance there as well, he connects extremely well with Groce and mentions UofI in every interview it seems like.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)

Yeah, I saw Black mention he really likes the Christian angle. I get annoyed hearing it every other word from Crean, but hey, if it gets recruits I'll take it.

Alexander's Top 10 in no order:

Kansas, MSU, Kentucky, Illinois, Arizona, Baylor, Louisville, DePaul, Indiana, Mamphis.

10 seems a tad much. I'd guess MSU, Illinois, or Kansas.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
Alexander's Top 10 in no order:

Kansas, MSU, Kentucky, Illinois, Arizona, Baylor, Louisville, DePaul, Indiana, Mamphis.

10 seems a tad much. I'd guess MSU, Illinois, or Kansas.

I'd put Kentucky in there with MSU, Kansas and Illinois.