Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Cliff Alexander's most recent tweet is just cruel if he doesn't pick Illinois. https://twitter.com/humblekid11/status/3670...1135360/photo/1

Thats probably something someone did for him during the visit. Recruits do that s*** all the time. What's next? Him standing in the locker room?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
Thats probably something someone did for him during the visit. Recruits do that s*** all the time. What's next? Him standing in the locker room?

That's what I was told it was. These kids like to tease fans on twitter all the time.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)
Snider taking an unofficial too. Black, Snider and Cliff please.

That would be insane. Black alone, considering where Illinois was a bit over a year ago, would be insane. Most people thought it would be 2015 until Groce got a true impact level recruit.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
That would be insane. Black alone, considering where Illinois was a bit over a year ago, would be insane. Most people thought it would be 2015 until Groce got a true impact level recruit.

I really like Groce, but he still needs to prove he can close the deal on these guys. It's great being talked about with a lot of top recruits and being included in top threes or fives, but in the end, you gotta get the commitment and not be runner-up. Hopefully, this is the year he gets those top recruits.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
I really like Groce, but he still needs to prove he can close the deal on these guys. It's great being talked about with a lot of top recruits and being included in top threes or fives, but in the end, you gotta get the commitment and not be runner-up. Hopefully, this is the year he gets those top recruits.

The real downside in the midwest for those classes is there are a ton of schollys to be given away, Crean has like 14 left.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)
Snider taking an unofficial too. Black, Snider and Cliff please.

Cliff isn't happening. Maybe Black and Snider, but I'll take Black at this point and be thrilled. We also don't have room for all 3 right now anyway (and not knowing Starks, we don't even have room for 2. Would be nice to hear something soon on that).

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)

Yeah, exactly. Opens it up to help 2015 then, too.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
Of his final four, shouldnt Indiana be the only real threat?

Probably.

He does, but I can't fault him on any of the ones where we've been bridesmaids so far. He was barely on campus and made up that much ground in a matter of months on some guys.

He's already had 3 guys commit while on campus and cancel their next visit. Those weren't 5 stars, I get it...but it appears he can close.

August 31st, Leron Black on campus...hopefully it's done right then and there.

You shouldn't hold his successes against him. A school like Illinois had no business being runner up so late in the game for some of those recruits.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
Probably doesn't affect anyone on here (except maybe Felix), but Reid Travis is giving up football for his senior season to focus on basketball.

I mainly pointed this out to say, "Can you imagine facing a 6'7" 235 lb QB in high school?" Jebus.

Adam Dunn was a pretty large Qb back in the day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
Adam Dunn was a pretty large Qb back in the day.

Yeah, I laugh out loud every time I think of him backing up Major Applewhite. Then Texas was going to move Dunn to TE, and he said "No thanks, I'll play pro baseball." Good choice, Adam.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Yeah, I laugh out loud every time I think of him backing up Major Applewhite. Then Texas was going to move Dunn to TE, and he said "No thanks, I'll play pro baseball." Good choice, Adam.

Its hard to believe, but frankly what an athlete to be offered a full ride to Texas as a QB.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
Of his final four, shouldnt Indiana be the only real threat?

I was surprised IU was even on his final list, as I don't even think he's even that high on the priority list. Seems like Crean wants Devin Robinson and Goodluck more judging by who he watched this summer. The other scholarship will likely be filled by Rob Johnson.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
Kentucky offers Tyler Ulis.

Oh wait, but he's too small...

Ulis fans sure do love the guy. I guess calipari wants a guy that can back up for a few years before starting. Makes sense after the PG problems he had this year. Ryan Harrow didn't work out so hot.