Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
I feel like there's a difference between two top 5 players both from Chicago and a top 50 pg from the suburbs.

Yeah, Izzo and Cal know nothing about talent either. Ulis is killing it nationally this summer, whether you're tired of hearing about him or not.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
Yeah, Izzo and Cal know nothing about talent either. Ulis is killing it nationally this summer, whether you're tired of hearing about him or not.

... Who said they didn't? Ulis still isn't even a 5 star,let alone top 5 player. You began by comparing him to cliff and okafor, not me.

Look, Ulis might have a great collegiate career. I doubt he starts as a freshman though and he almost definitely has to put on weight. We're not even sure his uk and MSU offers are unconditional.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)

Yeah whether Ulis is good or not there is a pretty big difference between him and arguably the top2 recruits in the country.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)
Yeah whether Ulis is good or not there is a pretty big difference between him and arguably the top2 recruits in the country.

I'm talking about hype and pub, not skill.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
For the SIU fans, Ibby Djimde is transferring from Illinois to SIU. I don't think he is even a valley level player but I'll be interested to see how he does there.

Was going to ask if any of you guys had any information on him. Not much to get excited about than?

PG Nojel Eastern, a frosh at Evanston who has yet to play a HS game, is being heavily looked at by Indiana, Northwestern, and Illinois.

Not to be confused with all those freshmen who have 2-3 years of varsity experience.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
Was going to ask if any of you guys had any information on him. Not much to get excited about than?

No. He had no business ever being offered a scholarship to Illinois and his skill level is very very low. I think he will probably be able to contribute a bit on the glass and defensively for SIU but that is about it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
No. He had no business ever being offered a scholarship to Illinois and his skill level is very very low. I think he will probably be able to contribute a bit on the glass and defensively for SIU but that is about it.

That about sums it up. He barely touched the court last year, he played a lot more under Weber 2 years ago ("a lot more" relative to last year), still not very much at all. Just a big body to have in there and help with the foul situation etc.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
That about sums it up. He barely touched the court last year, he played a lot more under Weber 2 years ago ("a lot more" relative to last year), still not very much at all. Just a big body to have in there and help with the foul situation etc.

Well that's still an improvement over what we have! But ya, I figured he wasn't much.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 02:33 PM)
5 star Mickey Mitchell commits to Thad. He was a lock anyway.

So I googled him and wasn't expecting him to look the way he does. Then I looked at his youtube video and I wasn't expecting him to be the type of player he is.

He looks like a good get, but his appearance doesn't really like that of a basketball player and then his game doesn't really look like the game that someone of his appearance would have. I was expecting some white shooter with good fundamentals, not some flashy ball handler that dunks all the time, haha.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
So I googled him and wasn't expecting him to look the way he does. Then I looked at his youtube video and I wasn't expecting him to be the type of player he is.

He looks like a good get, but his appearance doesn't really like that of a basketball player and then his game doesn't really look like the game that someone of his appearance would have. I was expecting some white shooter with good fundamentals, not some flashy ball handler that dunks all the time, haha.

Yeah, you dont expect a white 6'7" wing with handles and leaping ability. He's the younger brother of freshman LB Mike Mitchell who set the SPARQ record at last year's opening. incredible athleticism in that family. There is also another brother coming down the pipe.

Now for Bragg and Kennard.....one can hope.

Edited by RockRaines

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
Some buzz about Alexander and Illinois. Two "insiders" just updated their picks to UI. I laughed at them for the Black change and they ended up being right, so who knows. Black and Alexander would sure speed up the rebuild.

Black didn't really surprise me, but Alexander definitely would.