Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
I hope you do land Turner, as I think you're the main competition for Goodluck.

Stars don't always matter, but if you're pulling in top 50 guys and have a coach that can develop... You're team is putting itself if prime condition to succeed. After the top 50, things get pretty dicey.

Yeah, we are all over him too. Most say Turner would be preferred but s*** ill take either for sure. Goodluck looked real good the last time I saw him.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
Yeah, we are all over him too. Most say Turner would be preferred but s*** ill take either for sure. Goodluck looked real good the last time I saw him.

Goodluck is the one I want the most in this class, for sure.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
Goodluck is the one I want the most in this class, for sure.

We are def in on him hard. I know we were in on Turner early which gave us an edge but now he's blown up. I'd take either.

I also heard that Izzo is still planning on getting Okafor, good luck with that now bro.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 12:10 AM)
We are def in on him hard. I know we were in on Turner early which gave us an edge but now he's blown up. I'd take either.

I also heard that Izzo is still planning on getting Okafor, good luck with that now bro.

Goodluck is really close with Vonleh, but I'm not sure how much that will help since there's a decent chance Vonleh could leave after one year. I think he'll be at IU for two years, but if he has an even better freshman year than expected I wouldn't be surprised at all if he declares.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)
If I had to bet, I still think he picks UCLA. Have you seen something else somewhere?

You can either play for Groce, or you can play for a complete scumbag. Up to you, son.

Jerry Meyer just changed his crystal ball to Illinois. Pretty good sign.

Jenks, disregard.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
Snider hasn't committed, not sure why we're on to the next step already.

Because Groce > you

If Snider doesn't come it's because he isn't good enough for THE U of I

Derrick Rose will come back...as an Illini

/dreaming

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Ulis to announce Fri between Iowa, MSU, and Kentucky. Sounds like Wildcats favorites.

Snider expected to announce his choice soon after.

MSU really needs Ulis to commit, but he probably goes to UK. I think he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to take UK's offer, rather than go to Iowa or MSU where he won't be recruited over and probably have a much better career.

Things look good for Snider and Illinois, but no guarantees with it. Hopefully he feels more comfortable going to Illinois with Groce rather than go a 1000 miles from home to be around Alford.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
I hope Ulis goes to Iowa or MSU. I could see low PT for him at Kentucky.

I've seen the occasional rumor that Ulis and his camp believe he is a one and done, I would put that as unlikely to happen.